cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Re: Future for Zync holders

Sounds like the people with a NPSL version will be safe to PC, but those with the hard limit may be stuck there for the long haul and eventually have to apply for another card.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 75
Essence
Contributor

Re: Future for Zync holders

I'm glad to hear in all likelyhood nothing will change for current users. Our accounts should remain open, we can get replacement cards, etc, etc. 

I think it's slightly funny, I got my More card about two weeks before  Discover "killed it" with the IT. I got my Zync two weeks ago as well, haha I'm cursed.

But back on topic, yes I'm glad we're all not getting shut out. 

Message 42 of 75
mrcrush20
New Contributor

Re: Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

So today in the mail I got a NEW CARD holder agreement from amex for my zync. The cover letter read "replacement card holder agreement for wrong agreement issued" 

of course 1st thing I did was pull out my old one and go over it looking for the big change thought for sure it was going to be different but the agreement was WORD for WORD the same as the 1st one I received. 

I haven't called them on it yet I will 1st thing tomorrow on my day off. 

No idea if this has anything to do with the disappearing act of the zync form amex website but thought i would let you all know

Message 43 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same thing as well but for my PRG - not sure what was "wrong" about the old one I didn't compare or bother reading them lol

Message 44 of 75
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Im looking forward to linking my exclusive/rare Zync card to a higher end charge card and then just keep using the good ole Zync Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 75
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Oddly enough,  after reading a bit of this thread (just saw it),  I'm still able to send invitations (the referral members can offer to others via email) to apply for a ZYNC from my AMEX account page.   Anyone else check that who has ZYNC?

Might I suggest that there is a possibility it could (or has) become an invitation only card?

I would advise anyone wanting a ZYNC to request an invitation from a forum member or someone they know who has a ZYNC.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 46 of 75
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, you can still get the card. Just google it rather than using their drop down menu. Found this link from a google search. You can still apply from there.

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Zync

Nevermind, if you try to follow through to the application; the website errors out.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 47 of 75
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Well, I just tried to invite someone to apply for Zync, and it's no longer in my card referral list.  So scratch that option.

That has changed in less than the last 3 days.  Seems Z is a no-go for new applicants. 

I just hope they leave it alone for those of us who already have it (AMEX is one quirky machine, main thing I don't like about them LOL).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 48 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interested if people's Zync packs continue to work or if they get rid of all the packs and just make this a plain charge like the Green minus MR's. I also wonder how they plan to handle packs from here on out. Say if you put down the travel pack because you knew you would be flying a lot last year, but this year you do not plan to travel, you should be able to remove the pack and avoid the extra yearly fee. But, if they don't allow you to remove it... it is really starting to look messy. Amex did not plan nor handle this well at all...

Message 49 of 75
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Does PC in this thread refer to a product change - meaning, you will be given a different card when your current one is discontinued?

Message 50 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.