cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

@Anonymous wrote:

I am interested if people's Zync packs continue to work or if they get rid of all the packs and just make this a plain charge like the Green minus MR's. I also wonder how they plan to handle packs from here on out. Say if you put down the travel pack because you knew you would be flying a lot last year, but this year you do not plan to travel, you should be able to remove the pack and avoid the extra yearly fee. But, if they don't allow you to remove it... it is really starting to look messy. Amex did not plan nor handle this well at all...

As much as I hate to say it, that's often how AMEX works, and that comes from within their walls. 

Z was about the longest running test market I've ever seen LOL 

It never did draw the demographic it was intended for however, at least not in the percentage they were hoping for. It was never marketed well towards that demographic either (I guess they were hoping for a word of mouth campaign and just thought they could skip the spending the $ for a much bigger ad campaign).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 51 of 75
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Does PC in this thread refer to a product change - meaning, you will be given a different card when your current one is discontinued?

Yes, PC means product change. It is unclear if that will happen in this case, but that is what people mean by the abbreviation.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 52 of 75
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Bahbahd:

That is what people are referring to. However this has not been confirmed.
Message 53 of 75
Drew1980
Valued Member

I have a Platinum and a PRG card. Had been thinking of doing a PC on the PRG to Zync. I'm going to call and see if that's possible since I'm technically not a new applicant.

Message 54 of 75
p-
Valued Contributor

I emailed asking them about it, and the product change options, and received this in response:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear Mr. *********,

Let me check this for you.

I spoke with our Account services team and they informed that we are not phasing out the Zync Card.

Also, we are unable to transfer the Zync Card to any other Card product.

However, you sure can apply for a fee free Blue Cash Everyday Card separately by visiting the following link

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/BlueCash-Everyday?intsearchct=curated 

With Blue Cash Everyday you get 3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% everywhere else. 

There is no annual fee and no annual fees for Additional Cards.

Mr. *********, I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Interestingly enough, I tried to order an additional card for my wife and it wouldn't let me.

Something is in the works, but who knows what....

Message 55 of 75
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@p- wrote:

I emailed asking them about it, and the product change options, and received this in response:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear Mr. *********,

I spoke with our Account services team and they informed that we are not phasing out the Zync Card.

However, you sure can apply for a fee free Blue Cash Everyday Card separately by visiting the following link

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/BlueCash-Everyday?intsearchct=curated 

With Blue Cash Everyday you get 3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% everywhere else. 

Sincerely,

Interestingly enough, I tried to order an additional card for my wife and it wouldn't let me.

Something is in the works, but who knows what....

Maybe they are just making new zync cards...out of zinc...

If they were going to discontinue it, you figure they would've taken it off the site by now. It's been a couple of days now. 

Message 56 of 75
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@p- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear Mr. *********,

Sincerely,

Why did the CSR bring up applying for BCE? Did you mention that card in your original inquiry? I wonder if they are hinting at what card they may PC the zync into.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 75
shakalaka
Established Contributor

PC a charge to a revolver? I do not think so. And I love my charge and the NPSL/possibilities.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 58 of 75
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

PC a charge to a revolver? I do not think so. And I love my charge and the NPSL/possibilities.

I think this could be one of two options.  If Zync is discontinued they have two types of current Zync card holders, those with NPSL and those with limits.  I can see them offering NPSL to convert to a regular charge card like the green while those with limits they could put them on a low limit BCE card.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 59 of 75
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Agree, I didn´t think about the Zync with hard limit. I also guess that Zync holders with NPSL will have an easier way to get approved for a revolver in the future. And from a business point of view we would have a NPSL and a revolver. Which could generate quite some revenue for Amexco.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 60 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.