cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Future for Zync holders

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahhh okay that would make sense. I bet they'll do that for a year or so, then remove all the packs all together as they try to convince people to PC from their Zync's to another charge card. I'm just glad I put on my restaurants pack when I signed up, I was debating only using the free packs Smiley Happy

I think your right jd... at some point the packs will disappear altogether and it will simply be a $25 AF charge card. I'm glad I got the home improvement pack on it for me. That $20 giftcard buys me lightbulbs for a year (and double points on purchases at lowes!)!  Smiley LOL

Message 71 of 75
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

And I just got my pretty little card in August too.  Hopefully they have a new product coming out that I can PC to.  Or they can let me swap my Zync+BCE for a BCP.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 72 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump for update:

called csr today to see if a)any developments on an official statement from Amex re: future of zync and b) if it was possible to enrolled in any new packs by phone. For the first one, they still don't have an official statement for the sync card as a whole, just the the entire PACKS program is being discontinued. She confirmed what we already know, that any packs you currently have on your card will remain the same. She also assured me that the zync card was NOT being discontinued. Just no new applicants.

One last thing, she told me that as far as she knows, the free packs (eg. Eco pack) will still work just like the paid packs. This was great news for me since I can still get my 2% for groceries at trader Joe's and the like.

Here's to hoping they keep the status quo for at least a good couple years!
Message 73 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to say, it appears you CAN remove packs by calling up csr. So, if and when they remove packs completely, you can still just pay $25 af for a no frills Amex charge card. Kinda like the blue, except with an Af and NPSL.
Message 74 of 75
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Future for Zync holders

@Revelate wrote:
They will probably PC the customers they like. Webhopper is a good example: she runs a few K a month through the card if I remember right, Amex isn't going to want to lose her business.

I'd like to think I'm in the boat as well, but as one of the last people to acquire on at least on this forum all bets are sadly off in my case.

I would wager that the current Zync customers will be quietly PC'd to something else perhaps we'd get to choose, likely with a waived or prorated AF for the year.

They won't allow us to keep the cards forever, at most it would be 4 years from 9/30 (expiration date of likely their last issued Zync).

I'm just going to wait and see and till they make a decision, keep to my plan and still run the majority of my expenditures through this card. I didn't work that hard to obtain it, but I hope I don't lose my new relationship with Amex over it's discontinuation.

DARN RIGHT! I run anywhere from 2.5k to 5.5k spend through the card per month but I'm a cheapskate and I don't want a high AF. If they will support my card for the next four years I will be happy. If they offer to PC my card to gold or PR gold with no fee for first year I would consider. The packs fit my needs... hopefully amex will consider a different product for peeps like me.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 75 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.