cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Future for Zync holders

I just checked website. The zync isn't listed on card list but still has page and it looks like you can still apply for it. Why do you think the card is being discontinued?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I was approved for the Zync close to two weeks ago. I have been using it for four whole days, charging close to $300. I called Amex, and the lady that spoke to me was confused. She said that the Zync cards has NOT been discontinued. I am not sure what is going on, but I am sure Amex will give a statement soon. Perhaps we would be PC to the Green....

Did you call the number on the back of your card or the number to apply for a new account. If it was the number on the back of your card, my guess is they have not gotten the news yet (Zync CS I think is a foreign call center). You would have to call the number to set up a new account which another poster did and the CSR told them they are not accepting anymore apps.

LOL - maybe you just accidentally hinted to the Zync CSR that job cuts might be coming up Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 75
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

LOL. I called the number of the back of the card. I just called for a new application, and yup, it has been discontinued as of yesterday. The rep told me that current ZYNC card members will not be affected. There accounts will remain active, but you can't add any new packs. For all those who have ZYNC, Congrats! We are the gifted ones... LOL
Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 13 of 75
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

I've been going back and forth about whether I want to app for the Zync or the Green in November...this news makes my decision a lot easier! Smiley Very Happy

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 14 of 75
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

@Zanarov wrote:

That is true.And raises some interesting points. From my experience the one thing Amex still had going for it was the so called "prestige" however, the reality is that this appears to no longer be the case. From this board and some personal experiences it looks like people are starting to realize all the "benefits" associated with Amex are available from Chase, Citi, Discover ect with a much lower cost and much less drama. Some examples being FEF's, travel insurance, purchase protection, customer service ect (And no file review!).

In short form what im saying is you can get a card that does the same thing from Visa or MC with much greater acceptance.

Do you think there are plans to maybe make some changes to bring back the "prestige" or are they going to try and change the product line itself to be more similar to those of the competitors.  

All that aside I applied for the Zync because it looked cool Smiley Tongue

And if in the future Amex does do some interesting things that make them more relevant I will be there to support them.

While not a makor reason why I like Amex, I still feel that it carries a certain prestige to it's brand. While other have caught up a bit in terms of services and rewards, no other company offers backdating of accounts. From what I have seen Amex is also quite generous with it's credit limits and CLI's do not require a hard pull such as with Chase.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 15 of 75
Zanarov
Valued Member

@espnjunkie wrote:

While not a major reason why I like Amex, I still feel that it carries a certain prestige to it's brand. While other have caught up a bit in terms of services and rewards, no other company offers backdating of accounts. From what I have seen Amex is also quite generous with it's credit limits and CLI's do not require a hard pull such as with Chase.

This is true, I forgot to add the back dating as one of the benefits. This will be especially useful for me as a student with a limited history when I add (Or try to Smiley Tongue) another Amex card in January. (Yay for improved AAoA)

Meanwhile I would love to see them add something interesting to replace the Zync, Perhaps with a revolver (to limit their risk) that still uses the packs. This would still allow them to target the younger market, perhaps more successfully this time Smiley Very Happy

Althought now that I have a foot in the door I kind of dont want them to do it...watering down the brand and all that Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 75
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

It would be very nice if amex offers to upgrade us keeping the same af Smiley Happy
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 17 of 75
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
It would be very nice if amex offers to upgrade us keeping the same af Smiley Happy

Like I said before, PC to Plat but Zync AF for the rest of your life Smiley Very Happy Now this would be something special.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 18 of 75
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

They will probably PC the customers they like. Webhopper is a good example: she runs a few K a month through the card if I remember right, Amex isn't going to want to lose her business.

I'd like to think I'm in the boat as well, but as one of the last people to acquire on at least on this forum all bets are sadly off in my case.

I would wager that the current Zync customers will be quietly PC'd to something else perhaps we'd get to choose, likely with a waived or prorated AF for the year.

They won't allow us to keep the cards forever, at most it would be 4 years from 9/30 (expiration date of likely their last issued Zync).

I'm just going to wait and see and till they make a decision, keep to my plan and still run the majority of my expenditures through this card. I didn't work that hard to obtain it, but I hope I don't lose my new relationship with Amex over it's discontinuation.

        
Message 19 of 75
CS800
Super Contributor

I suspect it will be a PC to another charge card.

What did the Optima Platinum holders get when they finally shut it down ?

Message 20 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.