Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Future limits?

Yes it's not an upgrade but rather a conversion......just call them.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Valued Contributor

Joesh wrote:

webhopper wrote:
Why not ask boa to upgrade your 123 to travel rewards and your new card will have chip and pin.

MY 123 Cash Rewards card is stuck in my sock drawer now that I have BCP. If I can upgrade it to the Travel Rewards card and get 1.5% cashback, then it'd be my go-to card for daily spending that isn't in other promo categories. Are you saying that I can upgrade it?

I called and did this 2-4 weeks ill get it....i am wonderig if i call will they match my United card cause if now i may close them 

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
New Contributor

afbar1114 wrote:

Joesh wrote:

webhopper wrote:
Why not ask boa to upgrade your 123 to travel rewards and your new card will have chip and pin.

MY 123 Cash Rewards card is stuck in my sock drawer now that I have BCP. If I can upgrade it to the Travel Rewards card and get 1.5% cashback, then it'd be my go-to card for daily spending that isn't in other promo categories. Are you saying that I can upgrade it?

I called and did this 2-4 weeks ill get it....i am wonderig if i call will they match my United card cause if now i may close them 

The Travel Rewards card is 1.5% cashback on all purchases except travel, in which it's 3.0% correct? Just wanting to make sure I am looking at this correctly. Seems like a no brainer to convert.

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Valued Contributor

afbar1114 wrote:

It is brilliant that you were able to get a 5000 limit, but do not let it give you a big head. Higher limits do not always get you other higher limits. I have some low limits and some high limits. Some lenders are more conservative than others and will not care how much of a limit you have with someone else. Chase may also not be too comfortable offering you another 5000 card so quickly. I do not know your income, but I remember before you were having trouble getting an increase on the Chase Freedom or something, right?

Anyway, just be happy with what you have. It is not a good feeling getting a very low limit from a lender when you have other higher limits.

Regular Contributor

drkaje wrote:

I want my Freedom upgraded to Signature but don't believe it'll happen anytime soon. Smiley Sad

Why not?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

navigatethis12 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

It is brilliant that you were able to get a 5000 limit, but do not let it give you a big head. Higher limits do not always get you other higher limits. I have some low limits and some high limits. Some lenders are more conservative than others and will not care how much of a limit you have with someone else. Chase may also not be too comfortable offering you another 5000 card so quickly. I do not know your income, but I remember before you were having trouble getting an increase on the Chase Freedom or something, right?

Anyway, just be happy with what you have. It is not a good feeling getting a very low limit from a lender when you have other higher limits.

That sounded mean Smiley Very Happy In any case, If you have the Freedom and United and depending on your income you may hit your internal Chase limit. Also other lenders may be hesitatnt if they feel you have too much available credit v. income as well. 

Established Contributor

I think it's just true, I kinda believed I'd get a decent limit from anybody, and Discover gave me $1500 (remember that's really only $400 usable to avoid going over 30% utilization).

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £2,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £600; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $5,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000
Valued Contributor

afbar1114 wrote:
Since I got my highest limit ever. Will I be getting better limits in the future? I am asking because I would like to replace my boa card with a csp. I plan on starting to travel a lot now. So anythoughts?

There's no guarantee.  You will run into different underwriting standards with each issuer.  Some are simply more stricter than others.  I've seen people get nothing higher than $2500 on a card and all of the sudden NFCU is throwing $15000 at them.  Conversely, I'll see people with $15000 limits on their cards and someone like Discover will only give them $2500.  I believe a lot of it will be variables like your credit exposure, income, current status with the issuer and credit history.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Valued Contributor

I don't worry about utl and they gave me this card I am about 40-50% utl

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Valued Contributor

afbar1114 wrote:
I don't worry about utl and they gave me this card I am about 40-50% utl

UTIL becones a much larger factor as you increase your credit lines.  40% of $100K is a lot different than 40% of $10K.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.