Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Accounts upgrades

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

GE Accounts upgrades

What GE accounts does an upgrade to a co-branded card. IE. Walmart to Walmart discover. Walmart is the only GE account that I was told that upgrades.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE Accounts upgrades

Old Navy  is another one from what I've seen

Message 2 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:

Old Navy  is another one from what I've seen

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Walmart, Sams, Banana, Old Navy, Gap, Dillards... hmm feel I must be forgetting a ton.,... Chevron, TJMax....

Message 4 of 19
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Walmart, Sams, Banana, Old Navy, Gap, Dillards... hmm feel I must be forgetting a ton.,... Chevron, TJMax....

GE told me that only walmart can upgrade. Dillards has a AMEX, I have dillards store card and theey told me to upgrade I would have to reapply. Only Walmart say thay can upgrade it.

Message 5 of 19
rom828
Established Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

GE told me that only walmart can upgrade. Dillards has a AMEX, I have dillards store card and theey told me to upgrade I would have to reapply. Only Walmart say thay can upgrade it.

I think GE's customer service reps are not always correct with the info they impart!

My Old Navy store card upgraded last year to Visa and my Walmart card  was just upgraded to Discover last month.

An example of GE's CSRs being misinformed and passing along this misinformation to customers:  when I called GE to inquire about reporting of Old navy Visa,  I was told that upgrade to Visa would not result in account reporting as new--was actually told this more than once.  Of course, it reported as new and remained so even after disputing. Finally got to a supervisor who advised that I was not given correct info (duh!!) and the Visa would 'correctly' be reported as new acct.

When I got the Discover upgrade offer, decided to call customer service ( just for giggles ) to see what the advices would be regarding reporting of the upgraded card.  Sure enough, was advised it would retain same open date as store card and would not report as new.  Needless to say, the store card reported as closed/transferred and the Discover reported as new.

Unless GE has stopped upgrading all other cards very, very recently, I'd say you might have been 'misadvised' by the csr.

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 6 of 19
bdp02
Established Member

GE has not stopped upgrading other cards, I currently have an outstanding offer to upgrade my Gap store card.

Note I am resisting the urge due to the impact said upgrade would have on my AAoA Smiley Very Happy (pat's self on back)

Message 7 of 19
rom828
Established Contributor

@bdp02 wrote:

GE has not stopped upgrading other cards, I currently have an outstanding offer to upgrade my Gap store card.

Note I am resisting the urge due to the impact said upgrade would have on my AAoA Smiley Very Happy (pat's self on back)

Confirms what I suspected....OP was given some not quite accurate  advice from customer service.  Smiley Sad

And congrats on your most admirable self control regarding the offer to upgrade.  Smiley Happy

Fortunately for me, the upgrade did not affect AAoA negatively (I'm still 5+), and I wanted to take the chance since my Old Navy Visa CL is much, much higher than store card (ws $1200...increased to $3000 at upgrade and is now $7200...all auto increases!) and reports as credit card rather than store card.

I'm hoping my Walmart Discover may prove 'fruitful' as well in the CL dept....at least I think the potential is greater than with store card.  Had $2100 on store card and updgraded Discover is $2950.  Not as big of any increase as with the ON Visa, but hopeful I'll be seeing CLIs

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok just hit $1100.00 cl on old navy logged in today to pay

bill was offered visa upgrade so i excepted,starting cl is $4000.00

so im happy with that,called and the lady told me it would listed as same account but

we will see logged in to oldnavy account again it shows 2 accounts now

visa has differnt account # but cant log in to it because i dont have card yet

so gemb is up grading there cards had old navy 9 months till today im happy

Message 9 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok just hit $1100.00 cl on old navy logged in today to pay

bill was offered visa upgrade so i excepted,starting cl is $4000.00

so im happy with that,called and the lady told me it would listed as same account but

we will see logged in to oldnavy account again it shows 2 accounts now

visa has differnt account # but cant log in to it because i dont have card yet

so gemb is up grading there cards had old navy 9 months till today im happy

Wow, congrats!!!!

How long have you had the ON account and did you use the account alot?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.