Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Amazon - I screwed up

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

GE Amazon - I screwed up

I logged into my Amazon store account today and completely forgot to make my Dec payment, it was due on 12/15.  I made a payment immediately - are they going to report this as a late on my CR ? CLD? 

Balance is $240 with a CL of $2500

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up

No, it'll only report to ur cr if its 30+ days late... A cld is upto amazon, best to ask them but i doubt it...

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 9
eparker
Frequent Contributor

they shouldnt.....when its 30 days past due then they report to credit bureaus.  some companies may penalize you internally with them but not all.  i would just check with the company and ensure they dont do anything within the company.  But the norm is 30 days past due....

might want to put it on bill pay were it pays autommatically...Smiley Wink

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

I logged into my Amazon store account today and completely forgot to make my Dec payment, it was due on 12/15.  I made a payment immediately - are they going to report this as a late on my CR ? CLD? 

Balance is $240 with a CL of $2500

Did you talk to a CSR?? How long have you had the acct?? Any prior lates?? I don't think they'll hit you with a 30 on the reports but they may try to get you with penalty APR.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They can't penalty APR until you have missed payment 2 or over CL 2.

Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I thought I seen something close to missing pymt on one of my T&C's they can hit you with Penalty APR? I may be wrong..

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I thought I seen something close to missing pymt on one of my T&C's they can hit you with Penalty APR? I may be wrong..

The Guide to 2010 credit card reform says this:

Restoring good payment history will lower a raised APR. If you are reported as delinquent on your credit card payments for 60 days your APR can be increased, but it must return to the old rate if you make 6 consecutive payments thereafter.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The Guide to 2010 credit card reform says this:

Restoring good payment history will lower a raised APR. If you are reported as delinquent on your credit card payments for 60 days your APR can be increased, but it must return to the old rate if you make 6 consecutive payments thereafter.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

stand corrected

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
n777ua
Established Contributor

Didn't call a CSR; just made the payment online.  Account is 6mo old, no lates since a 8/04 7BK.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.