Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎05-29-2011
0

GE Amazon - I screwed up

I logged into my Amazon store account today and completely forgot to make my Dec payment, it was due on 12/15.  I made a payment immediately - are they going to report this as a late on my CR ? CLD? 

 

Balance is $240 with a CL of $2500

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Established Contributor
Posts: 503
Registered: ‎04-16-2011
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up

No, it'll only report to ur cr if its 30+ days late... A cld is upto amazon, best to ask them but i doubt it...

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 268
Registered: ‎03-10-2009
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up

they shouldnt.....when its 30 days past due then they report to credit bureaus.  some companies may penalize you internally with them but not all.  i would just check with the company and ensure they dont do anything within the company.  But the norm is 30 days past due....

 

might want to put it on bill pay were it pays autommatically...:smileywink:

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-663 TU-686 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.







the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up


n777ua wrote:

I logged into my Amazon store account today and completely forgot to make my Dec payment, it was due on 12/15.  I made a payment immediately - are they going to report this as a late on my CR ? CLD? 

 

Balance is $240 with a CL of $2500


Did you talk to a CSR?? How long have you had the acct?? Any prior lates?? I don't think they'll hit you with a 30 on the reports but they may try to get you with penalty APR.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,258
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up

They can't penalty APR until you have missed payment 2 or over CL 2.

Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up


Creditaddict wrote:

They can't penalty APR until you have missed payment 2 or over CL 2.


I thought I seen something close to missing pymt on one of my T&C's they can hit you with Penalty APR? I may be wrong..




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Moderator
Posts: 15,075
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up


LS2982 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

They can't penalty APR until you have missed payment 2 or over CL 2.


I thought I seen something close to missing pymt on one of my T&C's they can hit you with Penalty APR? I may be wrong..


The Guide to 2010 credit card reform says this:

 

Restoring good payment history will lower a raised APR. If you are reported as delinquent on your credit card payments for 60 days your APR can be increased, but it must return to the old rate if you make 6 consecutive payments thereafter.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up


MarineVietVet wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

They can't penalty APR until you have missed payment 2 or over CL 2.


I thought I seen something close to missing pymt on one of my T&C's they can hit you with Penalty APR? I may be wrong..


The Guide to 2010 credit card reform says this:

 

Restoring good payment history will lower a raised APR. If you are reported as delinquent on your credit card payments for 60 days your APR can be increased, but it must return to the old rate if you make 6 consecutive payments thereafter.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


stand corrected




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎05-29-2011
0

Re: GE Amazon - I screwed up

Didn't call a CSR; just made the payment online.  Account is 6mo old, no lates since a 8/04 7BK.

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.