Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Auto CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE Auto CLI

I've really been pleasantly surprised with the consistent credit limit increases I've gotten from GE.  After getting the Walmart card in November with an $800 limit, I received an auto CLI to $1,000 in January and another auto increase to $2,000 today.  My Old Navy card limit has more than tripled, JC Penney has doubled, and I've received auto increases on my Amazon card.  It's definitely helping with utilization.

Has anyone else noticed GE being especially generous with auto CLI for Amazon and Walmart?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE Auto CLI

I just posted about the same thing, basically, except for Banana Republic (also GE).

Opened BR store card in 3/2011 with $300 limit, which was increased to $1000 after a few months. I opened the BR Visa in 10/2011, and they gave me a $3000 limit. Today, I noticed my limit automatically increased to $5300.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 2 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

GE has been great! I started w/$200 Old Navy last March. Got CLIs every 4 mos to $1500, and this month, pre-approved for $4k ON Visa, which I've been hoping for. Smiley Happy

Walmart started at $300 in November, auto CLI to $1k in Feb. Hoping for a Discover from them at some point.

I Heart GEMB!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've really been pleasantly surprised with the consistent credit limit increases I've gotten from GE.  After getting the Walmart card in November with an $800 limit, I received an auto CLI to $1,000 in January and another auto increase to $2,000 today.  My Old Navy card limit has more than tripled, JC Penney has doubled, and I've received auto increases on my Amazon card.  It's definitely helping with utilization.

Has anyone else noticed GE being especially generous with auto CLI for Amazon and Walmart?

Holy Smokes! I logged in after reading this..my Walmart got raised to $2,900!!

Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha, I just posted about this on another thread!  Both my Amazon & Walmart cards just got CLIs too!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Same here but exxcept with the GAP card.  I opend it 9/11 with a 400 limit.  In dec they auto increased to 500.  Then 2 weeks ago I asked for an increase to 871 (don't ask). The other day I saw a post on here about the VISA upgrade feature so I logged into my account and sure enough it was there.  My limit went up to 4k!!  I was totally surprised by this.  Cant wait until 4 months from now!!

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 6 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

It does appear that GE is generous with CLIs. I don't have Amazon or Walmart, but the GE cards that I and my DH have have grown very nicely. The cards below are all just over a year old...

Mine:

JC Penney - $200 -> $2300

Dillard's  - $700 -> $4200

My DH's:

Lowe's - $300 -> $6500

Care Credit - $500 -> $2100

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.