Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Backdoor on Multiple Accounts?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

GE Backdoor on Multiple Accounts?

I have been thinking about calling the backdoor # for an increase on my WM Discover card. But I also want to see about an increase on my Old Navy card. From what i understand, they can see all the info on all your accounts, so in 1 call, should I mention both or hang up and call back about the second account??

I am going to try and remember to call Sunday evening as I was advised calling after hours fares better for people that the normal business hours. Just trying to figure out how to proceed. Also can they force an upgrade on my Old Navy store card to the Visa version or I just have to wait on that one?

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: GE Backdoor on Multiple Accounts?

I did this just the other night and got increases on my Walmart, Lowe's and my Amazon with the help of a very nice CSR and one phone call. YMMV.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: GE Backdoor on Multiple Accounts?

I do it all the time..one call for Wal, Chevron and PayPal MC. JCP they transfer me to another call dept. YMMV
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.