Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CARDS WHAT DETERMINES YOU CASH ADVANCE Limit

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: GE CARDS WHAT DETERMINES YOU CASH ADVANCE Limit

Noooo!!!! Never! Lol I don't use cash advances! Well...
I did actually use my Trav Amex for a couple hundred while in NYC. I didnt get money transferred to my Chase account in time, but I got Barclay's to credit all $29 back in fees/interest and pif already :-)
That was a super rare occassion though. Im so anti cash advance!!!
It's just reasonable imo to have a cash advance limit readily available if an emergency where you have a need for it.
The chance a person would exhaust all other means is slim to none!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 15
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

You guys are right about Walmart and Sams Club. I have a Walmart store card and I have used the cash option several times when checking out. It is indeed exempt from an exuberant Cash Advance APR fee and charged as a purchase for all intents and purposes. With that being said, you are limited to $60 a day. OP was looking to increase Cash withdrawal limits so I assumed they were looking for a larger amount. Does Walmart allow more than $60 a day through an UW? I wonder if using it too much would trigger AA.

As always with large Cash Advances, they should always be a last resort. 

Message 13 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks:-) I do like that walmart/sam's club feature. Once you get the Discover upgrade, the quick cash increases to $100 a day
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I just looked and Dillards seems to have increased to 3500 along with the limit increases. Whenever I get the chance I ring the lender and ask to reduce the cash advance to the lowest possible. I would hate to open a bank account or buy a giftcard and it try to post as a cash advance. This way, I should be covered.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.