Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CARDS WHAT DETERMINES YOU CASH ADVANCE Limit

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

GE CARDS WHAT DETERMINES YOU CASH ADVANCE Limit

Hi everyone. Does anyone know how this is determined?

I have a walmart DC 4,000 CL
AEO Visa 4000 cl
gap visa 3500 Cl
Tjmaxx mc 2000 CL
All with a 400 Cash advance limit

Now I just got upgraded to the SAMs discover. I haven't got my card but when I call it says I have $700 available limit for cash advance.

Huh?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: GE CARDS WHAT DETERMINES YOU CASH ADVANCE Limit

In the Terms and Conditions, it' says 20%
Often times, my Cash Advance lines wouldn't increase when i got clis, so I'd have to call Customer Service and have them manually do it.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Where all these cards obtained through the automatic upgrade? Or were they instant approvals? Curious

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 15
texasman07
Established Contributor

All my cards were automatic upgrades.  I really hope my last card (Banana Rep) gets the upgrade. I doubt it since I have had it since 2011 with no luck.

Message 4 of 15
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Ok, I'm going to be the elephant in the room. Would you ever use this feature? I know emergencies happen, but you have other cards which might give you better terms than the GE creditcards. Cash advance fees and APR's are always monstrous. If you want your limit adjusted you may have a chance speaking with an underwriter.

Message 5 of 15
texasman07
Established Contributor

I would NEVER use it! I was trying to figure out why all my accounts had so much variability
Message 6 of 15
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Smiley Happy the formula is weird.

Message 7 of 15
tld409
Regular Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

Ok, I'm going to be the elephant in the room. Would you ever use this feature? I know emergencies happen, but you have other cards which might give you better terms than the GE creditcards. Cash advance fees and APR's are always monstrous. If you want your limit adjusted you may have a chance speaking with an underwriter.

With Walmart and Sams, a cash advance is included as a regular charge with your purchases. There isn't a cash advance fee applied. Your standard APR would apply of course.  I don't know about the other GE cards though.

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 8 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I use the "quick cash" feature of my Walmart Discover and pif with NO interest almost monthly.
It's a great feature and saves you a trip to the atm!

The rest have huge fees and aprs! It's always good go be prepared financially.
Im not afraid to admit that Ive called them to adjust my cash advance line. Theyre the ones who set it at 20%, so I gotta make sure they do ;-)
The only card mine auto cli'ed the Cash Advance line on was Paypal MC. I had a $5k cash advance limit! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@young

Please tell me you never used the cash advance feature with PayPal MC? Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.