cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLD

New Contributor

GE CLD

Pulled my Transunion report today. I saw that GE decreased my P.C. Richard and Son limit by five hundred dollars. I don't think there is anything bad on my credit report that would cause them to do that.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE CLD

If you have not used the card a lot; this would certainly cause a CLD... also if your balances on other cards are higher than usual; this would maybe cause a CLD

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
Epic Contributor

Re: GE CLD


HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

Pulled my Transunion report today. I saw that GE decreased my P.C. Richard and Son limit by five hundred dollars. I don't think there is anything bad on my credit report that would cause them to do that.


What was limit?

What is balance?

When is last time you used it?

Is this furniture, hardware or something?

 

When you open up a Macy's Club Account they reduce the limit on that as you pay (at least use to) because they give new lines each time you want to buy furniture or jewelry... not like you are going shopping daily for a couch.

Message 3 of 12
New Contributor

Re: GE CLD


Creditaddict wrote:

HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

Pulled my Transunion report today. I saw that GE decreased my P.C. Richard and Son limit by five hundred dollars. I don't think there is anything bad on my credit report that would cause them to do that.


What was limit?

What is balance?

When is last time you used it?

Is this furniture, hardware or something?

 

When you open up a Macy's Club Account they reduce the limit on that as you pay (at least use to) because they give new lines each time you want to buy furniture or jewelry... not like you are going shopping daily for a couch.


Limit: 5,000 Before - 4,500 After

Balance: $0

 I think either two years ago when I bought a TV or four years ago when I bought a stove. P.C. Richard is a electronics and appliance store. Most of their stores is in NYC and Long Island.

 

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 4 of 12
Epic Contributor

Re: GE CLD


HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

Pulled my Transunion report today. I saw that GE decreased my P.C. Richard and Son limit by five hundred dollars. I don't think there is anything bad on my credit report that would cause them to do that.


What was limit?

What is balance?

When is last time you used it?

Is this furniture, hardware or something?

 

When you open up a Macy's Club Account they reduce the limit on that as you pay (at least use to) because they give new lines each time you want to buy furniture or jewelry... not like you are going shopping daily for a couch.


Limit: 5,000 Before - 4,500 After

Balance: $0

 I think either two years ago when I bought a TV or four years ago when I bought a stove. P.C. Richard is a electronics and appliance store. Most of their stores is in NYC and Long Island.

 


Sounds like inactivity got you the CLD.

If you don't need it, for both purchasing or for util. I wouldn't worry about it.

Otherwise do they have Snickers at check out! Smiley Happy

 

I got a letter for my Home Depot Business Card one time saying I had 45 days to come use it or they would close it and they sent me 10% off to, I ran over to the store and bought a 6 pack of Bounty (The kicker... When the bill came it also had a CLI from $5000 to $7500!) LOL

Message 5 of 12
New Contributor

Re: GE CLD

I had two Home Depot cards and they closed them both due to inactivity. P.C. Richard doesn't have a checkout. They just have computers at random places and when you buy appliances they go to the computer and put the order in.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 6 of 12
Senior Contributor

Re: GE CLD

Yeah.. Good rule of thumb ... Use every card you have at least every six months or so... So you can keep util low and get higher limits. I bought a $2.70 Monster with my Banana Republic Visa the other day; it has a $7,000 limit LOL!! I haven't really heard of GE doing many clds other than for inactivity since The Great Recession.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 12
New Contributor

Re: GE CLD


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah.. Good rule of thumb ... Use every card you have at least every six months or so... So you can keep util low and get higher limits. I bought a $2.70 Monster with my Banana Republic Visa the other day; it has a $7,000 limit LOL!! I haven't really heard of GE doing many clds other than for inactivity since The Great Recession.

It is a store card and it is really only worth using if you buy something expensive so you can take advantage of the financing offers.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 8 of 12
Senior Contributor

Re: GE CLD

Is there anything small you could buy w it, just to keep it active? Im about to run into this prob with my $5250 limit Smile Generation Financial card :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 12
New Contributor

Re: GE CLD

No, I usually don't shop there. I buy my electronics from Best Buy because of their rewards program.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 10 of 12