Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLI Schedule

tag
SALEEN961
Valued Member

GE CLI Schedule

My first ever credit card was a PayPal Extras MC from GE so I've always been happy with the fact that they gave me a card when I had no revolving credit and a very short student loan credit history. Over the years they have also given me a higher CL then any of my other cards but my last CLI wasn't exactly what I was expecting given the fact that I have pif'd every month since I opened the card almost 3 years ago and sometimes paid multiple times a month when I ran more then twice my CL through the card which is how I got my largest auto CLI as they saw the limit was hindering my spending. What's the best way to keep the CL on this card growing aside from just general practices to keep my scores high? Also does this schedule of past CLIs seem typical for GE?

$2000 8/2010 Starting Limit

$4400 2/2011 Auto CLI ($2400)
$6900 6/2012 Auto CLI ($2500)

$7500 4/2013 Customer Initiated CLI ($600)

Discover IT 38.5K | AMEX BCE 20K | AMEX BCE Preffered 25K | PayPal Extras MC 10K
Chase Freedom Visa Signature 25K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 24.1K | Chase Amazon 13.5K

EX FICO: 788 Amex
EQ FICO: 796 DCU
TU FICO: 817 Chase
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: GE CLI Schedule

Use the card, PIF or more than the minimum ( a lot more... APR sucks),  Ask for CLI every 4th statement, If it still isn't fast enough call the credit solution number found in the sticky posts at the top of the list. Ask for 10k see if they approve or come back with a lower number.

This basicly applies for all GE backed cards.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.