Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLI...do underwriters make decision?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

GE CLI...do underwriters make decision?

I was wondering if analysts at credit solutions can make CLI decision or if its just a computer that makes the decision when you talk to them.

I currently have 5 GE accounts......Lowes, Amazon, AE, Chevron and Care Credit.

My Lowes card went from $650 to $5000 to $8500 over 9 months......first increase was by phone, second by love button.

Amazon.....started at $1200, requested increase at 4 months via love button and it said " cannot process request online".  Have tried requesting an increase twice now via credit solutions and denied twice. Letter stated " balances to available to high".....util was around 30% overall. I have used the card heavily. Had it around 9 months and charged around $4000. Have made several large payments each month. Have carried some balances on the 0% offers

AE card is at $550.....have used often and PIF every month but they keep declining my CLI on this one. I think I will close this one at he 1 year mark in March.

Chevron card started at $400. I charge around $200 in gas every month and pay in full. They gave me an increase to $700 at month 4, declined CLI at month 8 for high util, again my util is around 30%.

GE is genereous with the CLI but I dont underatnd why they wont give me an increase on the Amazon account. Thats the card I use most too.

It seems that they have started to decline my CLI since my util went over the 30% mark, so I think I wont make any more CLI requests until I get that down to 10% or less.

When I talk to credit solutions it seems they are just plugging the numbers in and getting approve/decline from the computer. Will they do a manual review on the report?

Im just kinda suprised that since I have 5 accounts, use all quite a bit, make large payments on each card every month that they wonet be a liitle more generous with me.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE CLI...do underwriters make decision?

GE doesn't see all the different cards you have with them, each one is treated as the only one you have with them. They are also known for being util sensitive when asking for a CLI. Your strategy of paying down below 10% total util will most likely yield the results that you desire. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE CLI...do underwriters make decision?

@gdale6 wrote:

GE doesn't see all the different cards you have with them, each one is treated as the only one you have with them. They are also known for being util sensitive when asking for a CLI. Your strategy of paying down below 10% total util will most likely yield the results that you desire. Good luck Smiley Happy

Actually this is inaccurate.  GECRB/GECAP Credit Solutions can see/view ALL the accounts you have with them.

To answer the OP's question, GECRB Credit Solutions does have an underwriting/analyst team that reviews accounts for CLIs.  While they can get more updated SP data from the CRAs, each card program has different criteria for CLI elegibility, maximum exposure (including agreements with the private label partner as well), etc.

For instance, you may have seen some individuals who may have anywhere from 3-5 products (or more) and request a CLI (amounts will vary if approved) and the results can vary.  Either all of those CCs get a CLI or maybe 1 or 2 of those may not - sometimes none at all.  It's a YEMV situation.  Then you have individuals who can get upward of $10K - $20K+ on an individual card (mainly the co-branded ones).  Youngandcreditwrthy comes to mind...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.