Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLIs Denial

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: GE CLIs Denial

I like the idea of an Amazon store card as I have Prime / they finance 0% over $150 but as I PIF and will inevitably want to make a purchase over $800 it's really kind of prohibitive for now.  They are still using a SP from September when they consider my CLI (even when I call GECRB backdoor) so for now, I'm over it.

Message 11 of 20
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I don't work for GECRB...  but one of the items that some lenders look at is your utilization, both overall, and on any single account.

Dealing with Chase, they even wanted to see a $8 Macy's and a $36 Target paid off because "many people forget them".

Have any of the underwriters (through the backdoor) given any indication what they would like to see your utilization change?  Do you have a maxed out card they'd like to see paid off, or do you have small balances that they think you'll forget about?

So far I've been able to get whatever I asked for from GECRB by calling Credit Solutions, including a $5000 CLI on a card that had been stuck at $600 for over a decade. I now purposely pay the bill in full before it can even show up on my report while I'm working with lenders to get some better limits in place.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 12 of 20
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

GE, from my studying, hates High UTL overall and on anyone single card. They also hate "too many balances reporting" regardless of how small the balances may be... I haven't figured out what the tipping point is yet. Back 3 months ago I tried to get a CL on my PPEXMC and Amazon Store, got a counter on the PPEXMC but flat out declined for the Amazon. When both Letters arrived it was "Too many Accounts with balances" for both. At the time I only had 3 accounts reporting modest to very small balances but this may not have been when GE took its last SP (App'd through the Automated system). There was a period around July I had 6 account reporting balances, not sure if that's the report the IVR system was using in it's calculation or not. 

GE system is a very tricky one to figure out. I think for now on I will do all my CLI request with a live person it's a little bit more consistent and they always pull a fresh report, so I'll know what data they're looking at. The Luv button and IVR are too hit and miss for my liking. 

Message 13 of 20
jre
Regular Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

GE, from my studying, hates High UTL overall and on anyone single card. They also hate "too many balances reporting" regardless of how small the balances may be... I haven't figured out what the tipping point is yet. Back 3 months ago I tried to get a CL on my PPEXMC and Amazon Store, got a counter on the PPEXMC but flat out declined for the Amazon. When both Letters arrived it was "Too many Accounts with balances" for both. At the time I only had 3 accounts reporting modest to very small balances but this may not have been when GE took its last SP (App'd through the Automated system). There was a period around July I had 6 account reporting balances, not sure if that's the report the IVR system was using in it's calculation or not. 

GE system is a very tricky one to figure out. I think for now on I will do all my CLI request with a live person it's a little bit more consistent and they always pull a fresh report, so I'll know what data they're looking at. The Luv button and IVR are too hit and miss for my liking. 

Where do you get this information from??? I have been told that they use soft pulls from previous account reviews. How do you know they pull a hard pull? Are you contacting another number? Everytime I speak to someone they just say declined they don't give any information on why I was declined. All they ay is you'll receive a letter in the mail!

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 14 of 20
drkaje
Senior Contributor

They probably won't show any love until utilization is better.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 20
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@jre wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Where do you get this information from??? I have been told that they use soft pulls from previous account reviews. How do you know they pull a hard pull? Are you contacting another number? Everytime I speak to someone they just say declined they don't give any information on why I was declined. All they ay is you'll receive a letter in the mail!

Forgive me if I wasn't clear.....Understand CLI requests with GE are always SP's regardless of the method you use. However with that said when you requests your CLI via the luvbutton or IVR the SP they're calculating with is based on the last time you were SP for that account which could be 3-4 months old (just guessing) however whenever you call GE Credit Solutions and request via a live person, they do a fresh "Account Review" i.e. SP to detirmine if you can be approved or not. This is how people have been declined via the luvbutton/IVR but will call Credit Solutions and get approvals. 

This had always been my understanding. 

Message 16 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

Great thread! Thx for the useful info!
Message 17 of 20
jre
Regular Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@jre wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Forgive me if I wasn't clear.....Understand CLI requests with GE are always SP's regardless of the method you use. However with that said when you requests your CLI via the luvbutton or IVR the SP they're calculating with is based on the last time you were SP for that account which could be 3-4 months old (just guessing) however whenever you call GE Credit Solutions and request via a live person, they do a fresh "Account Review" i.e. SP to detirmine if you can be approved or not. This is how people have been declined via the luvbutton/IVR but will call Credit Solutions and get approvals. 

I don't think this is the case from my experience. My experience with a live person is that they use the same report that is generated via the online and automated system. 

Also, just to clarify, if you are denied via a live person there is no reconsideration? The reconsideration is only in the amount of credit limit increase if you are approved by the system?

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 18 of 20
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

THIS is very important to understand.   I tried for a CLI with my GE Paypal SC account at the end of September and was denied.  I found out that GE was using a SP from 8/1 that had my UTI as 70%, instead of the 8% it was at the end of September.

GE does routine soft pulls every 4 months.  So if I would have tried in October or November for another CLI, it would have been denied as it still would have been based on the 8/1 pull.

I waited until 12/5 to try for another CLI and it was approved at a 2x CLI (although it was not as high as I had wanted).  This was based on the SP they did on 12/1 that showed a UTI of 5%.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@jre wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@jre wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

I don't think this is the case from my experience. My experience with a live person is that they use the same report that is generated via the online and automated system. 

Also, just to clarify, if you are denied via a live person there is no reconsideration? The reconsideration is only in the amount of credit limit increase if you are approved by the system?

Well we have conflicting information. I've always understood it that the Live Rep runs a fresh "account review" SP....How else do you explain people with GE backed accounts being denied via the luvbutton/IVR, but turn right around and Credit Solutions will approve the CLI?

Also Credit Solutions is NOT a Recon line, it's a whole nother app aside from the luvbutton / IVR. GE doesn't do Recons. 

Maybe someone else with in-depth knowledge of GE can confirm. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.