Established Member
IEM

GE CLIs - Should I? How Much?

[ Edited ]

The 4th statements for my Amazon Store Card and PayPal Smart Connect accounts just cut, and no auto-CLIs. Boo.

I'm thinking about calling in and requesting CLIs. How much should I ask for? Or should I wait?

Current Balances:

- PayPal: $0 / $5K

- Amazon: $3.5K / $4K

The Amazon balance is high because I bought several big-ticket items in order to take advantage of their financing offers.

I paid off the PayPal balance back in January and haven't really used it since. I'm planning to get the PayPal debit card and link it to the PPSC account so that I can use it more frequently.

Utilization across all of my accounts is ~25%, "thanks" to a card that I paid off a day too late (i.e., the statement closed with a high balance). Otherwise, everything else is clean.

Frequent Contributor
blondy250

Re: GE CLIs - Should I? How Much?

Depends on your scores and what the rest of your credit files look like (BK, lates, FC) Aaoa, inqs. Just based on what you've stated its way too early.

MyFico 4/18/14
Experian-820, Equifax-834, Transunion (Discover)--850-- 7/6/14
Aaoa-9yrs, Oldest-14yrs
1 inquiry equifax 04 Chase mortgage
"Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score".
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

IEM wrote:

The 4th statements for my Amazon Store Card and PayPal Smart Connect accounts just cut, and no auto-CLIs. Boo.

I'm thinking about calling in and requesting CLIs. How much should I ask for? Or should I wait?

Current Balances:

The Amazon balance is high because I bought several big-ticket items in order to take advantage of their financing offers.

I paid off the PayPal balance back in January and haven't really used it since. I'm planning to get the PayPal debit card and link it to the PPSC account so that I can use it more frequently.

Utilization across all of my accounts is ~25%, "thanks" to a card that I paid off a day too late (i.e., the statement closed with a high balance). Otherwise, everything else is clean.

Personally, i would do a $2000 bump on Paypal, and after that, attempt a $1500 bump on Amazon. Good luck! Worse comes to worse they can counter-offer :smileyhappy:

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 744 EQ 718 TU 733 Credit Karma (TU) 785 Transrisk 809/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 764 VantageScore 3.0 719 Quizzle (EQ) 721
Established Contributor
NJTurnpike

I always ask for 10k. Never gotten it, but I always ask for it. :smileymad:

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

IEM wrote:

Current Balances:

They gave you a $5k connect card vs. MasterCard?

I didn't know online it asks how much you want? but yes I say always ask for likke $10k, especially if that's only double your current!

GE will counter.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
zerobacan

Creditaddict wrote:

IEM wrote:

Current Balances:

I didn't know online it asks how much you want? but yes I say always ask for likke $10k, especially if that's only double your current!

GE will counter.

He probably got CLI...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Established Member
IEM

Creditaddict wrote:

GE will counter.

I've had PPSC for years, which explains the high CL. If $5K had been my starting CL, I'd also wonder why the heck I got SC and not MC.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}