Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLIs - Should I? How Much?

tag
IEM
Established Member

GE CLIs - Should I? How Much?

The 4th statements for my Amazon Store Card and PayPal Smart Connect accounts just cut, and no auto-CLIs. Boo.

I'm thinking about calling in and requesting CLIs. How much should I ask for? Or should I wait?

Current Balances:

- PayPal: $0 / $5K

- Amazon: $3.5K / $4K

The Amazon balance is high because I bought several big-ticket items in order to take advantage of their financing offers.

I paid off the PayPal balance back in January and haven't really used it since. I'm planning to get the PayPal debit card and link it to the PPSC account so that I can use it more frequently.

Utilization across all of my accounts is ~25%, "thanks" to a card that I paid off a day too late (i.e., the statement closed with a high balance). Otherwise, everything else is clean.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: GE CLIs - Should I? How Much?

Depends on your scores and what the rest of your credit files look like (BK, lates, FC) Aaoa, inqs. Just based on what you've stated its way too early.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 2 of 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@IEM wrote:

The 4th statements for my Amazon Store Card and PayPal Smart Connect accounts just cut, and no auto-CLIs. Boo.

I'm thinking about calling in and requesting CLIs. How much should I ask for? Or should I wait?

Current Balances:

The Amazon balance is high because I bought several big-ticket items in order to take advantage of their financing offers.

I paid off the PayPal balance back in January and haven't really used it since. I'm planning to get the PayPal debit card and link it to the PPSC account so that I can use it more frequently.

Utilization across all of my accounts is ~25%, "thanks" to a card that I paid off a day too late (i.e., the statement closed with a high balance). Otherwise, everything else is clean.

Personally, i would do a $2000 bump on Paypal, and after that, attempt a $1500 bump on Amazon. Good luck! Worse comes to worse they can counter-offer Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

I always ask for 10k. Never gotten it, but I always ask for it. Smiley Mad

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@IEM wrote:

Current Balances:

They gave you a $5k connect card vs. MasterCard?

I didn't know online it asks how much you want? but yes I say always ask for likke $10k, especially if that's only double your current!

GE will counter.

Message 5 of 7
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@IEM wrote:

Current Balances:

I didn't know online it asks how much you want? but yes I say always ask for likke $10k, especially if that's only double your current!

GE will counter.

He probably got CLI...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 6 of 7
IEM
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

GE will counter.

I've had PPSC for years, which explains the high CL. If $5K had been my starting CL, I'd also wonder why the heck I got SC and not MC.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.