Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLIs?

tag
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

GE CLIs?

i know that I've read on here that GE allows for CLIs every 4 months but does this include after  auto CLIs as well? I opened up a Gap card back in sept/oct.  I received a small auto CLI in the middle of dec.  I haven't been able to request a CLI online since.  The option is there but when just says can't be requested online.

Just wondering what other's experiences are like.

Thanks.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: GE CLIs?

The luv button is broken.  (Too many people smacking it, I assume...)

Wait until after the fourth statement AFTER your last CLI, then call them on the phone. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 7
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Wait until after the fourth statement AFTER your last CLI, then call them on the phone. 

I wish it worked for me...I've had a Walmart card since Nov '11 and an Amazon card since Nov '10, asked for CLI on both accts earlier this year, and was denied on both accts.  Smiley Sad

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 7
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Hmmm.  I'm not exactly sure if I received the auto CLI before or after my Dec statement.  I guess it's best to wait another week until my Apr state cuts.  Fingers-crossed Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

i know that I've read on here that GE allows for CLIs every 4 months but does this include after  auto CLIs as well? I opened up a Gap card back in sept/oct.  I received a small auto CLI in the middle of dec.  I haven't been able to request a CLI online since.  The option is there but when just says can't be requested online.

Just wondering what other's experiences are like.

Thanks.

You can request CLI's with GE as much as you want, but it is recommended every 4 months because they SP your reports quarterly and more than likely if you got a CLI off of one pull they will deny if it is the same pull they are basing it off of.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

That's good to know.  I went ahead and called and was approved for and increase of $331.  I used the automated system and ended up asking for a weird amount since it was based on my available credit and not total credit line.  I know better for next time.  Either way I'm happy!

Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

That's good to know.  I went ahead and called and was approved for and increase of $331.  I used the automated system and ended up asking for a weird amount since it was based on my available credit and not total credit line.  I know better for next time.  Either way I'm happy!

I did the same for my JCP.....I now have a $451CL Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.