Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Cap CL decrease! So MAD!!!!

tag
lagb
Contributor

GE Cap CL decrease! So MAD!!!!

Ok, so every once a month or two, I go on my credit card websites to verify everything is all good (auto pays are set up and still working properly, no unauthorized transactions, etc).  I go on my GE Capital site because they have a tendency to screw up my auto pay.  And I see that sometime over the last two weeks they DECREASED my credit line by $1200!!!  I am unbelievably pissed.  I had no notification, and I actually planned on using that card this weekend... well, that's out of the plans now!  I called them up and spoke to what sounded like a VERY young cust service rep who had NO idea what to say to me because my irate behavior was probably not on his scripted answers.  He transferred me to his superior, who couldn't care less about the ramifications of their actions to my credit score.  Now my utilization of that card is almost 90% when it was at 50%!!!  Still too high, I know, but I have never been late and always paid more than the minimum.  I considered myself a good customer to them.  I used my card often enough but not too often, never maxed it out... 

Their stock answer was that they pulled my report and their decision was IRREVERSIBLE... it doesn't matter that I was just approved for a car loan, so my credit was good enough for that, but not for their $1200??  I can't even appeal their decision, so says the "nice" lady (note sarcasm) at GE capital.  I only have one ding on my CR, and unfortunately it's my mortgage and that was about 18 months ago.  I have NO lates, and everything is paid as agreed.  My util is / was high because I had a wedding to pay for and used my card a bit more than usual, but never late on that either.  My husband is co-applicant on the GE Cap card and he has better credit than I do, because he has cards with zero balance and his util rate is lower than mine. 

Has anyone else had problems with GE Capital?  Should I appeal even though the lady says it's IRREVERSIBLE?? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: GE Cap CL decrease! So MAD!!!!

Don't appeal anything.  Call underwriting directly and tell them what credit limit you want.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 5
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Don't appeal anything.  Call underwriting directly and tell them what credit limit you want.

this +1

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 5
lagb
Contributor

How do I contact Underwriting?

Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lagb wrote:

How do I contact Underwriting?

Look under backdoor number threads

good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.