tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GE Capital Bank! I love this Bank!

@corymcd88 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I love GE Capital Bank. I was approved for a Walmart Store, JCPenneys and Amazon with a 620 TU Credit score!

Walmart Store: 800 CL

JCPenneys: 500 CL

Amazon: 900 CL

Walmart said in 6 on time on time payments and they will give me a chance for Discover card!

Congrats on your approvals!! I can't pay WalMart (or any other GE card with the exception of Care Credit) to give me a card and my TU score is 655...Smiley Sad

Whats your CR look like?

Open car loan in May 2011, One Captial one open from May 2010. Three authorized users on my Mum account with very high lines. One charge off (but not mine) account.

They may be holding the CO on you somewhat. What are the denial reasons thay gave you?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I love GE Capital Bank. I was approved for a Walmart Store, JCPenneys and Amazon with a 620 TU Credit score!

Walmart said in 6 on time on time payments and they will give me a chance for Discover card!

Congrats on your approvals!! I can't pay WalMart (or any other GE card with the exception of Care Credit) to give me a card and my TU score is 655...Smiley Sad

Whats your CR look like?

We had a BK d/c in 9/2009 which is probably the deciding factor. Have been rebuilding since d/c with no credit issues, have two auto loans and a few subprime cc's with limits between $400-2k. With those cards I always PIF and carry small balances so util is okay. I was so excited when I got my Capital 1 cash rewards card with a 2k limit because I though I was working my way out of loser status lol! Guess I will garden for a while and see where I get.

What is strange is that I had applied for Creditone I got $300 with a score of 620 and a friend appled and got $600 with a 540 credit score, try to explan that!

I know what you mean, I don't think I will ever understand how the credit game works! I have a friend who has a recent BK with burned GE cards and a TU score of 617 and she was just approved for WalMart and Pennys !

Message 12 of 44
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Whats your CR look like?

Open car loan in May 2011, One Captial one open from May 2010. Three authorized users on my Mum account with very high lines. One charge off (but not mine) account.

They may be holding the CO on you somewhat. What are the denial reasons thay gave you?

I was approved for all. Most don't like short credit history with new accounts. They seem to be holding me to the authorized users as new accounts even thier are not mine, ther are my Mums.

Message 13 of 44
daveg38
Established Contributor

Congrads on the approvals!

My TU is a 733 and I couldn't PAY Wally to give me credit.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 14 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

congrats on your cards

did the CSR tell you that? about the discover?

Message 15 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Do you get denied online?

HAve you tried in persn at the store?

Message 16 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

Congrads on the approvals!

My TU is a 733 and I couldn't PAY Wally to give me credit.

Declined for a wally card lately?

Message 17 of 44
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

congrats on your cards

Walmart said in 6 on time on time payments and they will give me a chance for Discover card! I hope they do Macys said the same and I never got the upgrade.

Message 18 of 44
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Do you get denied online?

HAve you tried in persn at the store?

No, denied online. Tryed in store and did not get. In two mounts of haveing Walmart and one stament close I got a CLI of 200.

Message 19 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

congrats on your cards

Walmart said in 6 on time on time payments and they will give me a chance for Discover card! I hope they do Macys said the same and I never got the upgrade.

I always thought that the Discover 'offer' was random

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.