cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital (GEMB?) Not my friend this week!

tag
lagb
Contributor

GE Capital (GEMB?) Not my friend this week!

So, not only did GE Cap decrease my CL by $1200 (!) without warning, they are holding my last payment for EIGHT DAYS!  I called up and blasted them the other day for decreasing my CL and got NOWHERE.  I think this hold is retaliation personally.  I've never had any problems paying my bill in the past.  The payment has posted to my account and cleared my bank.  There is no valid reason for this hold.  Ugh!  I'm so aggravated! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Capital (GEMB?) Not my friend this week!

Is there something on your reports that possibly scared them?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Got them on the defense....

Late payment to them in past? (even hours past calendar date late?)

CO CA ...anything like that pop up after getting the GE card?

Message 3 of 7
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Is GE known for decreasing CLs??

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Not to my knowledge, I think inactivity would be the biggie for a CLD.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

...or TU08 abusing. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
lagb
Contributor

No lates, never late! Smiley Mad  I bought some furniture, so my util was high at about 50% because I really haven't started paying it down substantially yet.  Just making a bit more than the minimum until now.  I just can't see how that's right that they can do that (hold my payment, even when it cleared the bank?!) 

The CLD was probably due to a slow payment in my mortgage about 18 months ago ???  That's the only thing I can think of, no CO, CA... nothing!!  I just recently paid off some smaller CCs.  If I didn't need the card for my aging, I'd probably close it out!  I've never had any problems with them until now. 

Could they have figured I didn't "need" that much credit because I've never used it all??  Because they decreased my limit to just above what my highest limit was since the life of the CC.  Stupid reason, but I'm grasping at straws.

I've tried talking to them but got absolutely nowhere with either of my issues with GE.  The ladies I spoke with on each occasion were rude and virtually uncaring.  I don't need flowery reasons, I need VALIDATION!  Give me something I can work with!  This seems too much like a whim to me.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.