Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital / Walmart

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

GE Capital / Walmart

To those of you who make regular CLI requests on your GE cards, what is the minimum time you have seen between approvals, and how much did you use your card in that time?

I am getting denied for insufficient experience at my current limit, and I am not sure if it is strictly due to time or simply lack of sufficient usage. I THINK the last CLI was late June. Last time I went throgh an underwriter, so that may have something to do with it as well. Any recommendations?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GE Capital / Walmart

@SwampSystems wrote:

To those of you who make regular CLI requests on your GE cards, what is the minimum time you have seen between approvals, and how much did you use your card in that time?

I am getting denied for insufficient experience at my current limit, and I am not sure if it is strictly due to time or simply lack of sufficient usage. I THINK the last CLI was late June. Last time I went throgh an underwriter, so that may have something to do with it as well. Any recommendations?

4 statement cycles from your last CLI request is the minimum. If your account is new, at least 4 statement cycles from opening date is minimum.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 42
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

4 statement cycles from your last CLI request is the minimum. If your account is new, at least 4 statement cycles from opening date is minimum.

@I love Football with a 55" 0% for 18 months 0% apr. @ LS2982 he is right on.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 42
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

That is correct!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 42
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Do you think it matters that I haven't had a visible statement since April? Guess I will start letting some of that 15-cents-off Murphy gas post once Discover/Freedom 5% gas is over.

------------------------

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if Murphy sells Walmart gift cards. You still get 10 cents off per gallon with a Walmart gift card, and if you purchase it from Murphy it would probably get coded as a gas purchase for the 5% back on Discover/Freedom.

Message 5 of 42
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I tend to let balances post to my GE cards since I remember reading that if you don't let a balance post their statements get messed up or something. 

Message 6 of 42
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

same for me.

i was approved mid july and have not had one posted statement yet. 

only used this month and i already pif since statement closes the 25th.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 42
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Swamp, i sent you a PM Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 42
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

Swamp, i sent you a PM Smiley Wink

My last CLI a few months ago was actually from an underwriter, so I was apprehensive to call the backdoor number again so soon. But I'm glad you sent it to me, because after 15 minutes on the phone and a verification call to the phone number I had on file, they successfully raised my CL from $6,000 to $10,000! I'm finally in the "premium bankcard" club! You guys are awesome.

Message 9 of 42
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I would say 4 months after your last cli..... My dad did this with his... He didn't have to wait for the statement to cut, he got a $200 (Smiley LOL) increase from his PayPal exactly the fourth month of his last increase

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.