Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital / Walmart

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: GE Capital / Walmart

Congrats!
GE always makes cash limits equal to 20% of the total credit line.
furthermore, you must have four statements to request a cli,
which means they need four months of "payment history".
Btw, Ive noticed sometimes with GE clis, they cash limit doesnt always update right away.. I. Fact one time I had to call on my Walmart Card to tell them I knew my cash limit was supposed to be 20% of my limit and they fixed it right away.
Also, with the walmart discover, the daily "quick access cash limit" is $100, as compared to the store version, which has a $60 daily limit.
And since Discover is an all purpose bankcard, you can use it with an issued pin number to access cash at atms. I LOVE though that the quick cash thing gets the same grace period as purchases!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 42
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!
GE always makes cash limits equal to 20% of the total credit line.
furthermore, you must have four statements to request a cli,
which means they need four months of "payment history".
Btw, Ive noticed sometimes with GE clis, they cash limit doesnt always update right away.. I. Fact one time I had to call on my Walmart Card to tell them I knew my cash limit was supposed to be 20% of my limit and they fixed it right away.
Also, with the walmart discover, the daily "quick access cash limit" is $100, as compared to the store version, which has a $60 daily limit.
And since Discover is an all purpose bankcard, you can use it with an issued pin number to access cash at atms. I LOVE though that the quick cash thing gets the same grace period as purchases!

I don't think thats entirely accurate. My cash limit is roughly 13% of my overall CL and SwampSystems cash limit is roughly 11% of his overall CL. Seems like the numbers are all over the place lol.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Buuutttt what Im saying is they are typicallu equal to 20%. so...
If it isn't it should be, and as I mentioned, it may not have updated after a CLI call GE and question them...every GE credit agreement Ive read says that the cash limit is equal to
20% of the total limit. I rarely ever use cash advances lol but I'm a little ocd lol 
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Also too... If you've used a cash advance and have not paid that part of your balance... Of course your cash limit wouldn't be 20%
Message 24 of 42
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
What do you mean by visible statement?

EDIT: CONGRATS on your CLI!!!

The last statement that I can see on their website is from April. I have still been using my card, but every statement since then has had a zero balance, so they don't generate a viewable document for them.

Right. That is the way GE operates, as well as Chase. If you do not have a statement balance, they will not generate a statement. I haven't had a statement from Lowes or CareCredit in a few months. I don't know about CITI as I never NOT had a balance. I would venture to say most CCC's do this. More importantly, they will mark you credit reports with a "OK" for the months you didn't have a statement.

So I just received my Walmart card, and I am going to be paying it off each month anytime that I use it.  So since no statement will be generated, is that good or bad?  I mean will this affect my chances of getting a CLI in the future?  I have another GE card with JCP and I plan on doing that one the same too by paying it off.

I mean for credit building, is it better to let a balance run for awhile in order to build or is it okay to pay in full?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 25 of 42
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I just activated my Walmart Discover card and did the whole FICO score thing...I'm so mad. It's JUST the FICO score. No report at all from TU! It just redirects you to myFICO.com for a $19.99 report...I feel...hoodwinked. LOL. Seriously! I thought it had at least a TU report along with the score. I wasted my time applying for this damn card!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 26 of 42
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditworthy, i never thought to do that lol thanks for the info. Im gonna give them a call and see whats up

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 27 of 42
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I just activated my Walmart Discover card and did the whole FICO score thing...I'm so mad. It's JUST the FICO score. No report at all from TU! It just redirects you to myFICO.com for a $19.99 report...I feel...hoodwinked. LOL. Seriously! I thought it had at least a TU report along with the score. I wasted my time applying for this damn card!

Really?  I've only ever read that it was the FICO score so I didn't expect anything other than that.  Plus you get the TU08 score (I believe) which is what many creditors use.  I think the score you get here from myFico for TU is the old one (TU04 I believe).  You don't have a daily triple puller that you use?  I dunno, but I wouldn't consider a waste and on top of that you got the Discover version!  

I just got the Walmart card Smiley Sad  But listen, congratulations even if you don't like it.  I"m sure it will be good for you in the future!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 28 of 42
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Really?  I've only ever read that it was the FICO score so I didn't expect anything other than that.  Plus you get the TU08 score (I believe) which is what many creditors use.  I think the score you get here from myFico for TU is the old one (TU04 I believe).  You don't have a daily triple puller that you use?  I dunno, but I wouldn't consider a waste and on top of that you got the Discover version!  

I just got the Walmart card Smiley Sad  But listen, congratulations even if you don't like it.  I"m sure it will be good for you in the future!

No it did say FICO score when I applied but I was expecting a report of some sort and not a link to a report for $19.99 right back here. I thought that was weird. Oh well...I guess I can keep track of my score monthly on walmart and check my report on quizzle.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 29 of 42
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

My cash advance is exactly 20% of the limit. OP Congrats for the approval, the card is nice Smiley Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.