Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital / Walmart

tag
westo12
Established Contributor

Re: GE Capital / Walmart

@Rhaeny wrote:

So I just received my Walmart card, and I am going to be paying it off each month anytime that I use it.  So since no statement will be generated, is that good or bad?  I mean will this affect my chances of getting a CLI in the future?  I have another GE card with JCP and I plan on doing that one the same too by paying it off.

I mean for credit building, is it better to let a balance run for awhile in order to build or is it okay to pay in full?

I have the same question as Rhaeny. I want to pay in full, but I LIKE being able to see my monthly statements, even if zero balance.  So I guess I'll leave a couple dollars on there, but will that mess up my (our) chances on getting CLI's??

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 31 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

So I just received my Walmart card, and I am going to be paying it off each month anytime that I use it.  So since no statement will be generated, is that good or bad?  I mean will this affect my chances of getting a CLI in the future?  I have another GE card with JCP and I plan on doing that one the same too by paying it off.

I mean for credit building, is it better to let a balance run for awhile in order to build or is it okay to pay in full?

I have the same question as Rhaeny. I want to pay in full, but I LIKE being able to see my monthly statements, even if zero balance.  So I guess I'll leave a couple dollars on there, but will that mess up my (our) chances on getting CLI's??

You can still see your monthly statements online and print them off if need be.

I would not leave balances just to leave them, as long as you pay your bill GE is just fine with that.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 32 of 42
westo12
Established Contributor

But I thought it said a statement wasn't generated if there wasn't a balance?  If that's the case, how would I still be able to see it?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Message 33 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

But I thought it said a statement wasn't generated if there wasn't a balance?  If that's the case, how would I still be able to see it?

AFAIK they still should show up online. If you have $0 balance there shouldnt be anything out of the ordinary on it. I know i've been able to pull mine up online but I dont remember if it was $0 balance ones or not.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 34 of 42
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@westo12 wrote:

AFAIK they still should show up online. If you have $0 balance there shouldnt be anything out of the ordinary on it. I know i've been able to pull mine up online but I dont remember if it was $0 balance ones or not.

The most recent statement I have access to online is from April. I have not had a statement generate since that time because my card has a zero balance.

Message 35 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@westo12 wrote:

The most recent statement I have access to online is from April. I have not had a statement generate since that time because my card has a zero balance.

It very well could be it doesnt show it because there no balance. Is there any particular reason you need to see it? Record keeping?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 36 of 42
compassion101
Established Contributor

You'll should still generate a statement as long as their is some activity on your card, even if it has zero balance.

Message 37 of 42
westo12
Established Contributor

Ah, that's what I thought, but was confused by what I read. Thanks for clarifying.
Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three GE Capital accounts: Walmart, Amazon and Old Navy, all of which were opened within a few days of each other.  My third statement just cut on the Walmart and ON cards and I received auto CLI's on both.  They were each a few hundred dollars, but I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and wasn't expecting anything more than that. The third statement of my Amazon card will be cut soon, so I'm waiting to see if the same thing happens to that account.  I thought it was interesting since most posts I've seen have stated that the Auto CLI with GE happens at 4 months. 

Message 39 of 42
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Actually 4 cycles is the "norm" for GE for auto, but now a days you dont even have to wait because you can call and ask for a CLI.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.