Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital / Walmart

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Capital / Walmart

@Anonymous wrote:

I have three GE Capital accounts: Walmart, Amazon and Old Navy, all of which were opened within a few days of each other.  My third statement just cut on the Walmart and ON cards and I received auto CLI's on both.  They were each a few hundred dollars, but I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and wasn't expecting anything more than that. The third statement of my Amazon card will be cut soon, so I'm waiting to see if the same thing happens to that account.  I thought it was interesting since most posts I've seen have stated that the Auto CLI with GE happens at 4 months. 

When you say that "when your statement cut that you received the auto CLI's", are you saying that you were carrying a balance?  I just opened my Walmart card in September and since I PIF no statements for me.  So I was just curious as to my chances of a CLI as well because like you said, mostly I have read at 4 months it happens.  

I mean I guess they can still evaluate our accounts whether a statement generates or not.  But I just wonder is it more than likely you get a CLI with a small balance or not.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GE Capital / Walmart

I did have a balance with both cards when I received the auto CLI's.  I use them often and continuously make additional payments before the statements are cut each month, but there was still a small balance left over.  My additional payments may have helped, I'm not entirely sure, but I was surprised that both cards received an auto CLI after 3 months instead of 4.

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.