Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital bank. Learn from my mistake!

tag
luckelle
Regular Contributor

GE Capital bank. Learn from my mistake!

It was Christmas time and I have two GE cards wally and amazon. Nearly maxed them both for the holidays. Never been late and was looking forward to a CLI in January 2013. I was going to pay in full but things got tight for a minute just before the new year and I payed a little more than the minimum balance on both cards. I didnt think this would stop my increase from coming through with GE, considering they are so great as a card company or i was in denial. January comes no CLI from either one. I looked at my CR and (wow) 20 point credit score drop in about 15 days. realized after calling for increase over the phone i was denied as well. So, if you have a new GE card and want that first increase in 4-6 months keep ur balance below the treasured 10 percent mark. This is one for me to grow onSmiley Sad

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: GE Capital bank. Learn from my mistake!

I got the first auto increase with 96% util on the card???? $200 more after recon of their auto CLI

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 2 of 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

no offense if you nearly maxxed them out what did you expect? 

i just bought a desktop today to use as a server to stream to my tv, and it makes my card 450/5000 and i thought that was too high to ask for a cli.

at least it was only a soft pull. 

edited to reflect the fact my current limit is not 5,000,000 but only 5000 or 5k

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

i just bought a desktop today to use as a server to stream to my tv, and it makes my card 450/5000k and i thought that was too high to ask for a cli.

at least it was only a soft pull. 

Your card has a $5M CL?  Wouldn't worry about $450 then.

Message 4 of 7
luckelle
Regular Contributor

My point for this post was to advice new card holders of this error in judgment on my part and to see if others have experienced this. GE is in many opinions a forgiving bank and great with credit increases. I want to offer my possible mistake as a warning to others who may fall into this area.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 5 of 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@luckelle wrote:

My point for this post was to advice new card holders of this error in judgment on my part and to see if others have experienced this. GE is in many opinions a forgiving bank and great with credit increases. I want to offer my possible mistake as a warning to others who may fall into this area.

Thank for this info and some will follow it for sure, just get back on track pay your cards down and ask again in a couple of month cause GE is for sure forgiving

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 7
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@luckelle wrote:

It was Christmas time and I have two GE cards wally and amazon. Nearly maxed them both for the holidays. Never been late and was looking forward to a CLI in January 2013. I was going to pay in full but things got tight for a minute just before the new year and I payed a little more than the minimum balance on both cards. I didnt think this would stop my increase from coming through with GE, considering they are so great as a card company or i was in denial. January comes no CLI from either one. I looked at my CR and (wow) 20 point credit score drop in about 15 days. realized after calling for increase over the phone i was denied as well. So, if you have a new GE card and want that first increase in 4-6 months keep ur balance below the treasured 10 percent mark. This is one for me to grow onSmiley Sad

Thanks for sharing.  That helps us all.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.