Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital denied

tag
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

GE Capital denied

I'm so disappointed. I did an in-store app for the TJX rewards card and was not approved. I called the backdoor number for recon and was told it's a "hard" decline and they can't recon. This was my second inquiry this year and I hoped would be the last. My plan was to manage my NFCU nrewards and TJX rewards Mastercard, garden, and finish repairing til next year.

Maybe, it was too soon?  

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: GE Capital denied

Sorry to hear that..when you get the denial letter it will point out what needs work and then you'll get em next time!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 2 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Very much appreciated. Hopefully, soon I'll have Comenity updated, PRA removed and Midland removed. They are paid and I await a response to my GWs. I probably should've waited Smiley Sad

Its just frustrating...I spend so much money in that store and I really want the card.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 3 of 42
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I'm not sure if the scores in your sig are current, but I think they are a bit low for TJX. From what I've seen, approvals seem to be above 650 for the store card. The MC is probably higher. I feel for ya, I want one too.
Message 4 of 42
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

for that range of scores you may get cards from GE (PayPal Smart Connect & Amazon store). I was getting denied by GE when i was in low 600s. Once my scores crossed 650 mark i got approved for Walmart store card (GE Product)

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 5 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Thanks for the information. Yes, the scores are current as of today.

Message 6 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Wow, really!?! Why so high of a score needed? Even for the store card? Dag. That's on Nordstrom level! I thought GECRB/GEMB was pretty easy on requirements, no?

I would love to know the scores for those that have the TJX store cards with a $200 limit?

I will continue to repair and try again. 650+ is in my near future  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 42
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Wow, really!?! Why so high of a score needed? Even for the store card? Dag. That's on Nordstrom level! I thought GECRB/GEMB was pretty easy on requirements, no?

I would love to know the scores for those that have the TJX store cards with a $200 limit?

Sorry to hear of the denial

Bravo on continuing to garden and repair your CR's I think this will lead to a lot of approvals in the future 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 42
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

You might think about trying for the Walmart card first. A lot of folks are approved under 650. It's a good start with GE and it's worth it for the free monthly TU Fico, even if you don't usually shop there.
Message 9 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Sorry to hear of the denial

Bravo on continuing to garden and repair your CR's I think this will lead to a lot of approvals in the future 

+1

Once those factors improve OP, then you can try again with them.  The cleaner your profile and the higher the score, then you'd be positioned for the MC instead of the store card (unless you're ok with just the store CC).  Now, their rewards are nothing to write home about, but they are decent if you shop there frequently or Home Goods.  I have their MC.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.