Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital denied

tag
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Re: GE Capital denied

Do you think GE also denied me because I opted out?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 31 of 42
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Do you think GE also denied me because I opted out?

No it just means you don't get any offers of credit based on lenders SP your CR's.....why are you opted out?

Reason I ask as this can be a good indication of how lenders see your progress 

Doesn't mean approvals tho

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 32 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Well, I did it primarily to prevent the CAs from spying on me as I make progress. I also wanted to leave it in place for my future mortgage apps in 1-1.5 yrs.

Should I remove it? I read its a good idea when you are repairing and app'ing for a mortgage, no?

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 33 of 42
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Well, I did it primarily to prevent the CAs from spying on me as I make progress. I also wanted to leave it in place for my future mortgage apps in 1-1.5 yrs.

Should I remove it? I read its a good idea when you are repairing and app'ing for a mortgage, no?

Good answer no leave it that is the only reason to opt out ........

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 34 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Ok, I will. Thanks again.

Message 35 of 42
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

OP, since I have the TJX card, let me tell you what my profile looked like when I was approved.

USAA secured MC card for 7 months on time payments. I believe the limit was $500 at the time.
Von Maur - $200 (7 months)
Student Loans - reporting on time since '98
BK discharged '09
3 IIBs
No collections/judgements (outside BK)
1 old late from 2007

I don't know what my score was at the time. I app'd in the store during the holidays. They swiped the USAA card as well. They gave me a small $300 limit which was double what I was buying at the time. I have the regular rewards card, not the MC version.

The NFCU card should have made you look good, but maybe the open baddies are what GE doesn't like. Scores seem low as well.

I'm sorry you didn't get approved. I love shopping at Marshall's/TJMaxx. I have multiple stores of both where I live and have shopped them for years. I was happy to get this card and the later CLI. Keep working on you CRs. Treat NFCU right and when scores come up some, try again. See what the letter says specifically for clues also.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 36 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Thanks again, sweet tea. I think its def the collections. Portfolio just added one this month. Its paid and I have to get them off!

The NFCU is still too new came a few weeks ago. If they pulled TU it may not be reporting just yet. First bill is due 10/13. The magic range seems to be 650+.

They didn't ask to swipe my cc? Interesting.

Message 37 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

GEs letter arrived:

Number of months since credit acct in collections too low
Too many open installment loans with a balance greater than zero
High ratio of revolving accts opened last yr to all revolving accts
Accounts in collection or 60 days past due or adverse public record

Message 38 of 42
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Now you have an idea of what they are looking for namely time between the CAs and too many cc's reporting balances. Continue to work on the CAs and try again later.
Message 39 of 42
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

#1 & #4 -- I totally get with the baddies. One just reported last month after I paid!

#2 The only installments I have are student loans. They were deferred until this month and in good standing.

#3 Has me really confused... I haven't app'd cc's in 3 yrs. None opened last yr. I only have 2 cc on my reports that are CO. One has been paid. The NFCU cc is my only open cc that's nearly a month old. Maybe, that's the issue here?

I'm working on the baddies. I don't know how to resolve the installment issue or revolving acct ratio?

My score was 436 (300-620)

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.