Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital remove INQ's

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

GE Capital remove INQ's

I have some new GE Capital account and after one or two mouth the INQ's are being removed. I apped for JCP on 17 Jan 2012 and to day it was removed . I will let you know if the INQ's for my Amazon account get removed tomorrow. Has any one had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: GE Capital remove INQ's

I have heard about it, and thought it was too good to be true. But now that I think about it, when I was looking over my Experian credit report, which I'm not sure if they pulled this particular report, I didn't see an inquiry from GRCRB...

Message 2 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

I have heard about it, and thought it was too good to be true. But now that I think about it, when I was looking over my Experian credit report, which I'm not sure if they pulled this particular report, I didn't see an inquiry from GRCRB...

I hope this happen to all of my GE accounts. I think it only gets removed if you are approved. A friend has asked to help him with his credit and he was not approved for a GE account and it it still on his report from Jun 2011. Strange!

Message 3 of 12
logan_720
Established Contributor

What bureau did they initially pull for you?

Message 4 of 12
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

What bureau did they initially pull for you?

TU.

Message 5 of 12
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

+1 I just opened 5 GEMB cards.  I am praying they'll do this for me! 

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU  has a "glitch" where often recent inquiries go away for a day or two and then permanently stick. You'll probably see them again no later then Mon or Tue if not sooner.

Nevermind, just re-read the original post. Hope they stay off for you. 

Message 7 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

My 2 GE inq from March and November are still on my TU. I've never seen an inq miraculously come off. In fact, I've had to wait for the end of the 24th month for one to age off!!!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 12
annalog

TU has a problem with their inquiry buckets.  The system was designed long ago and was only setup to handle 50 inquiries; both hard and soft pull combined.

It sounds like you might have a subscription to a credit monitoring service and you're pulling your bureaus often.

If you exceed 50 pulls with transunion, it will push enquiries off your bureau.   They are working on a fix since the advent of all the websites offering credit pulls.

TW=825, CB=819, TU=946
Message 9 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@annalog wrote:

TU has a problem with their inquiry buckets.  The system was designed long ago and was only setup to handle 50 inquiries; both hard and soft pull combined.

It sounds like you might have a subscription to a credit monitoring service and you're pulling your bureaus often.

If you exceed 50 pulls with transunion, it will push enquiries off your bureau.   They are working on a fix since the advent of all the websites offering credit pulls.

I find that hard to believe considering I pull my report daily wiith TU and have pulled thourh myFICO and CK often.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.