Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Car Credit HELP

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

GE Car Credit HELP

I removed my TU credit freeze and apped. I was denied. I think that I didn't give enough time for freeze to lift before apping. Nothing neg on my CR and TU score is 760 per Walmart. Also, I pulled USAA CR after and no sign of inquiry on CR (not alert - the actual USAA 3-in-1 CR).

Problem is that I tried to re-apply and message says you already applied, so it won't accept app.

I'm now on hold for the 4th rep @the backdoor GE number. I wonder how these people keep a job. One person told me to call Disct Tire, who has nothing to do w/the app. Another person transferred me to another dept, but the number he transferred me to was disconnected. Third person told me I needed to wait 24 to 48 hrs after lifting freeze, and to reapply then. But I know that it lifts sooner than that. TU says to allow 15 minutes. And the re-apply obviously did NOT work.

I'm at my wit's end. Does anyone have a number for GECRB recon? The backdoor number is actually GE Moneybank and they say that they don't handle this (which may be why I'm getting such inaccurate info from them).

Thanks!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE Car Credit HELP

AFAIK, there hasn't been one mentioned, especially if you're dealing with a GECRB/GECAP specialty retailer - underwriting is not the same channel as with Credit Solutions.  Hopefully, someone might provide some info.  Best of luck.

Message 2 of 6
okiesean
New Contributor

Did you try 866-893-7864 or 866-218-8050? Those are the only two numbers I have for GE Capital Bank.

Message 3 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I had to get my tires today because today was the last day for one of the rebates, so I went ahead and put it on another CC. Not happy w/GE cust service for sure.

I did try 866-893-7864, but that is Care Credit (for medical, personal, etc.) and *not* Car Care ONE (for auto). Different CS; they couldn't help me. She did give me yet another number to try: 866-396-8254. After a long wait, he said that I would need to wait for 7-10 day letter. I couldn't reapply, and insisted that they did pull my CR if they had my SSN (apparently not understanding the credit freeze part). I'm actually hoping that the freeze hadn't lifted because I would hate to get a HP and no card.

Altogether a frustating hour spent on the phone. It seems like it would be a good card to have because they do offer rebates only for cardholders, so maybe next time I need tires. Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 6
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

i have this and used it once. LOL you can also use it for gas but the apr is 26.99%.

i think i would have rather used the inquiry for a more useful card. oh well its helping my util %

Message 5 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Pulled USAA CR again this morning and fortunately there is NO pull. Guess the freeze didn't have enough time to lift before I apped. Maybe next time. Smiley Happy

ITA re interest. But Disct Tire does seem to give ongoing rebates to cardholders, above those that non-cardholders get. So, it does seem like it would be worthwhile to me. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.