Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Card Upgrade

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

GE Card Upgrade

How long does it take for GE to upgrade a store card to a visa/mc or discover?

When its upgraded does that count as a new account?

I have called a few times and get different aswers each time. Thank you.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Card Upgrade

@jeffery581 wrote:

How long does it take for GE to upgrade a store card to a visa/mc or discover?

When its upgraded does that count as a new account?

I have called a few times and get different aswers each time. Thank you.

I have a GE card and I was told 6 to 12 mouths, and if your credit goes up. It may never happen for me.

Message 2 of 6
Juan123
Established Contributor

it'll show up on ur CR as your store card is closed and a new account opened. and time varies.. i'd say 6+ months with significant score improvement.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 3 of 6
lithium78
Established Contributor

It took three and a half years with my Walmart card.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What seemed to be very rare and very confusing for reps on how the process works, recently has seemed to be happening quite a bit but Im not sure that it has changed that the reps have any way of upgrading you, they can only apply you again and hope you don't get a 2nd store card.

All the offers I have read about on here all came from people logging into account online and it populated then offering it.

Message 5 of 6
learnin113
Established Contributor

YMMV.   It took me 2 years for my Gap Card to upgrade to a visa.  And it was a new account, still annoyed by that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.