Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Cards CLI question

tag
jprncess
Established Member

GE Cards CLI question

I saw a thread on here about a similar situation but can't seem to find any answer. I have a Walmart card I was approved for at the end of January for $700. A month later I was given another $100 in credit. Nothing since then. My bill should come on July 17th, should I wait to see if there is an auto CLI or contact them now to try for an increase? I am confused because I've had the card for almost 5.5 months but there have only been 3 statements since they gave me the extra $100.
I also have the same question about my AE Visa. I was upgraded at the end of February from a store card with $1300 to AE Visa with $2500 cl where it has stayed since upgrading without any auto CLI and that statement should come around the 17th as well.
My Walmart balance is 207.77 so about 26% util and my AE balance is 153.77 about 6% util with $0 due on either since I wasn't sure if I should leave balances if asking for a CLI or if I should pay them both down or just the Walmart down. And I know I could get declined since it is a roll of the dice either way.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: GE Cards CLI question

@jprncess wrote:
I saw a thread on here about a similar situation but can't seem to find any answer. I have a Walmart card I was approved for at the end of January for $700. A month later I was given another $100 in credit. Nothing since then. My bill should come on July 17th, should I wait to see if there is an auto CLI or contact them now to try for an increase? I am confused because I've had the card for almost 5.5 months but there have only been 3 statements since they gave me the extra $100.
I also have the same question about my AE Visa. I was upgraded at the end of February from a store card with $1300 to AE Visa with $2500 cl where it has stayed since upgrading without any auto CLI and that statement should come around the 17th as well.
My Walmart balance is 207.77 so about 26% util and my AE balance is 153.77 about 6% util with $0 due on either since I wasn't sure if I should leave balances if asking for a CLI or if I should pay them both down or just the Walmart down. And I know I could get declined since it is a roll of the dice either way.

You should call "Credit Solutions" not the number on the back of your card and ask that your Walmart go to $5k and that your AE Visa go to $10k.... maybe on 2 different calls unless the first call goes so well you just stick with that person... they will counter... woulnd't be totally surprised at all if you got it.

then after July 17th and after you post your payment... you could click the CLI button online... computer might give you another CLI.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.