Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Cards CLI

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

GE Cards CLI

So frustrated with GE.  Everytime I increase a CLI on wal-mart or PayPal I get denied.  SOmetimes it's a soft pull and they send the reason why and it's my utilization. I am at 54% overall and generally I pay in full every month, but sometimes have let it go with a balance. I am at about 630 on TU.  I thought they were generous no matter what?!?!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: GE Cards CLI

Call the U/W department, they are awesome. Myself and others have had great success with it. But you do need to get that util down.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

So frustrated with GE.  Everytime I increase a CLI on wal-mart or PayPal I get denied.  SOmetimes it's a soft pull and they send the reason why and it's my utilization. I am at 54% overall and generally I pay in full every month, but sometimes have let it go with a balance. I am at about 630 on TU.  I thought they were generous no matter what?!?!

not no matter what but is this via the site or a live person? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

That is never the case with any creditor. Your high util. is whats bringing you down. Get it below 20% and you should see some luv!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 18
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

I am told on the site I am not eligible for an increase.. or "they are not taking online increase requests" and I am asked to call... ?  Is that normal? 

So you think calling is the better option?

Message 5 of 18
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

When I call it is automated...

Message 6 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

I am told on the site I am not eligible for an increase.. or "they are not taking online increase requests" and I am asked to call... ?  Is that normal? 

So you think calling is the better option?

i was the same. but my balance was 0.. pay it off and let it report and then call the number in the backdoor thread ask to speak to the uw and it will propably be better from you. 

they always only soft pull. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 18
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Yes defenitely better to call, a human is always better than a computerized system.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 8 of 18
journey258
Frequent Contributor

That button gives the same message to everyone. You have to call in for a request. And def speak to u/w. I was denied by automated system but u/w approved 800-->2000.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 9 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hi Ortiz33_

GE is typically generous with CLIs but you still have to meet the credit criteria to receive them.  It's never a sure thing.  If you get your utility down to at least 30-35%, you will probably see some luv. I too have had great success with calling the BackDoor numbers.  The worst that can happen is they say no.  I wish you luck.  Let us know what happens. 

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.