Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Care Credit CLI Hard Pull!

tag
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

GE Care Credit CLI Hard Pull!

I've had my Care Credit card for two years, with a $3,000 limit. I decided to try for a CLI today, just for the heck of it, since I've heard how good GE is with CLIs. I called the number on my card, and there was no menu option, so I ended up talking to a customer service rep. They asked me how much I wanted and what my annual income was, and then said it was approved. Nice and easy, took less than five minutes, and I went from $3k to $6k. Considering how easy it was, I should have asked for $5k instead of $3k!

Of course, I checked Credit Karma later on, and there's a hard pull on TransUnion. They never said a word about pulling my credit, and I didn't even get a chance to ask because it was literally just them asking two questions and then pretty much instantaneously telling me it was approved. I'm pretty annoyed. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew it was going to be a HP. I'm thinking of calling them and asking them to remove the inquiry, since I was never informed that it would be a HP. Think there's any chance of them agreeing to that?

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE Care Credit CLI Hard Pull!

While you can call and ask, I don't think you're going to have much luck in this.  If you ask for a CLI, that's permissible purpose is my understanding of it regardless of whether they inform you, or misinform you regarding a credit pull.

The CareCredit card is an outlier in the GE-backed cards, always has been to my knowledge.  Tradtional initial approval on EQ rather than TU, and I think HP's are known for CLI's too but I could be mistaken in that.  In any event, that's a nice increase and I wouldn't sweat the inquiry on TU anyway, especially if you don't live in the midwest.

        
Message 2 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I didn't know it would be a hard pull either. The reps don't tell you. Usually for a CLI request...it's a soft pull. I noticed the HP on my TU report recently and was like WHUUUT b/c I hadn't apped...it was from the CLI request. I won'tbe requesting anymore of those from GE. LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yes, 99.999999% of the time a CLI on CareCfredit is a HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I have heard that Care Credit and Pep Boys are both HP's. The rest of GE backed cards are SP for CLI.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 6 of 13
Smug
Established Contributor

Yep !
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 7 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

I have heard that Care Credit and Pep Boys are both HP's. The rest of GE backed cards are SP for CLI.

Not all. I think they pick and choose which requests are SP and which are not...I requested a 3k CLI a month ago for Living Spaces GECRB and there was a HP on my TU report the following day from them...if I had been aware of the HP...I would have just waited for the auto CLI.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 13
ready13
New Contributor

i want to know if they approve you for a specific amount and then you have your docter call to raise it do they do another hp on your credit report because i am trying to understand if i should just call it in prior to docters and do it myself as a few of my blog buddies that i have applied and had this work through the docter calling it in himself but when a few of them called to up the line of credit after their approval they demanded to talk to supervisor to explain their call and then asked if a request to not pull a hp on their report be a factor so they could use since they had been pulled within the 15 day period that the report

Message 9 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Autumnslight wrote:

I've had my Care Credit card for two years, with a $3,000 limit. I decided to try for a CLI today, just for the heck of it, since I've heard how good GE is with CLIs. I called the number on my card, and there was no menu option, so I ended up talking to a customer service rep. They asked me how much I wanted and what my annual income was, and then said it was approved. Nice and easy, took less than five minutes, and I went from $3k to $6k. Considering how easy it was, I should have asked for $5k instead of $3k!

Of course, I checked Credit Karma later on, and there's a hard pull on TransUnion. They never said a word about pulling my credit, and I didn't even get a chance to ask because it was literally just them asking two questions and then pretty much instantaneously telling me it was approved. I'm pretty annoyed. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew it was going to be a HP. I'm thinking of calling them and asking them to remove the inquiry, since I was never informed that it would be a HP. Think there's any chance of them agreeing to that?

Nope.

It's pretty well documented on this forum that CareCredit is pretty much the only GE account that is always HP for CLI. GE wont budge on it.

Also, during anytime you ask for a credit line increase, you have to go in assuming it's going to be a HP. Even though its always talked about GE is SP CLI any creditor can change their policies and it is not unlwful of them to pull hard on your file.

EDIT: Old thread alert!!

Please mods can we do something about closing down comments on old threads!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.