Did you mean: 

GE Care Credit CLI Hard Pull!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE Care Credit CLI Hard Pull!

@LS2982 wrote:

@Autumnslight wrote:

I've had my Care Credit card for two years, with a $3,000 limit. I decided to try for a CLI today, just for the heck of it, since I've heard how good GE is with CLIs. I called the number on my card, and there was no menu option, so I ended up talking to a customer service rep. They asked me how much I wanted and what my annual income was, and then said it was approved. Nice and easy, took less than five minutes, and I went from $3k to $6k. Considering how easy it was, I should have asked for $5k instead of $3k!

Of course, I checked Credit Karma later on, and there's a hard pull on TransUnion. They never said a word about pulling my credit, and I didn't even get a chance to ask because it was literally just them asking two questions and then pretty much instantaneously telling me it was approved. I'm pretty annoyed. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew it was going to be a HP. I'm thinking of calling them and asking them to remove the inquiry, since I was never informed that it would be a HP. Think there's any chance of them agreeing to that?

Nope.

It's pretty well documented on this forum that CareCredit is pretty much the only GE account that is always HP for CLI. GE wont budge on it.

Also, during anytime you ask for a credit line increase, you have to go in assuming it's going to be a HP. Even though its always talked about GE is SP CLI any creditor can change their policies and it is not unlwful of them to pull hard on your file.

EDIT: Old thread alert!!

Please mods can we do something about closing down comments on old threads!!

+1

The above statment is correct - there are a couple other GECRB entities that do this as well.

Message 11 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes, 99.999999% of the time a CLI on CareCfredit is a HP.

Yep. My DH tried for months to get a soft CLI with them, to no avail. He finally bit the bullet and took a HP and got a nice increase as a result. As previously stated, this card appears to be an outlier with GE and their CLI policies.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@Autumnslight wrote:

I've had my Care Credit card for two years, with a $3,000 limit. I decided to try for a CLI today, just for the heck of it, since I've heard how good GE is with CLIs. I called the number on my card, and there was no menu option, so I ended up talking to a customer service rep. They asked me how much I wanted and what my annual income was, and then said it was approved. Nice and easy, took less than five minutes, and I went from $3k to $6k. Considering how easy it was, I should have asked for $5k instead of $3k!

Of course, I checked Credit Karma later on, and there's a hard pull on TransUnion. They never said a word about pulling my credit, and I didn't even get a chance to ask because it was literally just them asking two questions and then pretty much instantaneously telling me it was approved. I'm pretty annoyed. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew it was going to be a HP. I'm thinking of calling them and asking them to remove the inquiry, since I was never informed that it would be a HP. Think there's any chance of them agreeing to that?

Nope.

It's pretty well documented on this forum that CareCredit is pretty much the only GE account that is always HP for CLI. GE wont budge on it.

Also, during anytime you ask for a credit line increase, you have to go in assuming it's going to be a HP. Even though its always talked about GE is SP CLI any creditor can change their policies and it is not unlwful of them to pull hard on your file.

EDIT: Old thread alert!!

Please mods can we do something about closing down comments on old threads!!

Ooops... I didn't notice the date on this when I replied. Yes, I think that enough has been said. Shutting thread down...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.