cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Closed all Accounts (waiting on a letter)

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Closed all Accounts (waiting on a letter)

Well they say they only allow people to open one account per year, so that could be it. I do not know how real this rule is because I only have card through them, but I am just saying what they have said.

Message 21 of 31
ezef3ar
Contributor

That's not completely true I open 4 accounts. And yes they where close right after my fourth approval and they reopen all of them

They wanted info verifyin all my personal info previous address previous cards loans and stuff but they told me. Loud and clear you can open as many accounts as you want as long as you qualify for them there's no limit on how many cards can you have with us.
However there's a max limit of credit.

Tha you can have with us

That's what she say. I dint ask her
What was the limit.... of course it's not like I'm gonna have 30k$. Cards with them
lol I wish Smiley Happy Anyways it's sad what happen to you I hope you can talk them out at least to reopen a few a those accounts or. At least got them all off you reports and inquiries as well.

GOOD LUCK. BUDDY
Message 22 of 31
TrishN
Established Contributor

I have 3 card opened with GECRB in last  month. I got NP with it

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 23 of 31
ezef3ar
Contributor

I guess everyone's situation is different....
Message 24 of 31
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

I opened 4 accounts in November with GE.

Wal-Mart

Old Navy

Amazon

Pay Pal

and no problem plus i opened 

Lane Bryant

Macys

Bloomies

So I am going into the garden and attempt to increase my score.  I believe it depends on when and and your entire credit profle but I am not a expert. Very new to this and the Forums have helped me alot.

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 25 of 31
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I think you opened up too many GE accounts too soon. They were probably concerned of potential identity theft. You most likely set off a fraud alert in their system. Most store cards are backed by GE these days. I think I opened a total of 4 GE accounts but I spaced my apps apart. I opened one in May then three months later I opened a second again. And the last two a month later.

I say to pick the two cards you'd feel would be most beneficial to you and call and request to have the accounts reinstated. They will probably ask you why you app'd for so many store card. Be honest about it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 26 of 31
Smug
Established Contributor

I had 10, closed the one I didn't use so now have 5 credit care 10k, Pepboys 3.5,lowes8.5,Walmart 5k and kanes4k.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 27 of 31
Agee123
New Visitor

This has happened to me. I'm waiting on my letter. I had 4 accounts. When you recieved you letter was it one letter or multiple letters in the mail? I want to know if one letter is going to explain it all.
Message 28 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum Agee123!

Did you apply for your cc's in a short period of time? Any changes In Your credit profile?
Message 29 of 31
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I think you opened too many at once and that created the Red Flag.  I never do anything too risky.  I would have tried 2, wait that is what I did!  I opened a Wal-Mart card and a Belks card and certainly did not use them too much, in fact I never used the Belks card.  I left it opened and asked for a CLI after a bit and I also asked for a CLI on the Wal-Mart card twice.  I used the Wal-Mart card and added AU's to the account.  It was used a bit around Christmas and then PIF.  In January I app'd for the PayPal Rewards MC and they gave me a limit of $1500.  After the third month they doubled the limit.  I certainly was happy with that.  After Christmas the Wal-Mart card was only used twice for gas, this helped them to know that I was not going to go hog wild. 

I think the fact that I did not use the Wal-Mart Card and Belks card and the my util is always below 10% overall are the factors that helped me get a doubling of the PayPal card.  That and maybe the fact they noticed all the spending was happening out of state, so maybe they realized I was on vacation or work so they knew they could tempt and reward me.  The CLI happened right at the end of my vacation, so that might have been part of the reason.  I was using the card, which does have some better rewards than others.  I had a history with them on that card and the others of doing the right thing.  In fact I almost always PIF even before the statement cut.  I do this to insure that not too many balances show up on the credit report as I want to get an Amex one day in the future, not the near future even though they keep sending me invites.  (I even have a prepaid Amex for the same reason, I read here somewhere that increases the likelihood that you will get a card with a good limit.  I figure that if I transfer a few thousand dollars there over time that they will know this and help me get approved, even if I close that Merrick Card in my siggy.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.