Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Executive office

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

GE Executive office

Anybody got a email or phone number? For some reason they kick all my applications back as high risk applications even though they dont bother to ask for a call in.  The front line CSR's are quite useless.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
McArthur
Regular Contributor

Re: GE Executive office

@dodgeball wrote:

Anybody got a email or phone number? For some reason they kick all my applications back as high risk applications even though they dont bother to ask for a call in.  The front line CSR's are quite useless.

When I get home this afternoon I'll try to locate the contact details of a person I previously spoke with there.  I do recall the people there were very nice, but also equally as useless.  Apparently they cannot revive decisioned applications or so they claim.  Their only advice was to apply again by phone. 

I received that same message dozens of times when I applied from an overseas duty station.  I then tried from the same location but using a US-based VPN and still got the same results.  Seems they are sophisticated enough to realize that the IP belonged to a data center.  As soon as I got back to the States, I applied from home and instant approvals galore.

Message 2 of 12
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I got TDY orders to FT Bragg on the 17th of Febuary for two weeks, maybe I should just wait and apply when I get to the states.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 12
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

I got TDY orders to FT Bragg on the 17th of Febuary for two weeks, maybe I should just wait and apply when I get to the states.

If you aren't Stateside, you are pretty much SOL with GE.  If you have access to any of the DDN components, that would work since that traffic would show US origin, but you are risking NJP.

I'd hold off until at Bragg.

Message 4 of 12
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Tag for any answers as well. I got the same denial last week (high risk denial) when I applied from over here (AFG), and was going to ask about an executive office number or email here. I guess I could try applying over the phone, but don't want to risk another HP/denial in such a short time. Was thinking of waiting until April or so (next myFICO report for me) but I will still be over here.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 5 of 12
linux007969
Established Contributor

GE Capital Cares Team:  gecapitalcares@ge.com

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 6 of 12
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

Tag for any answers as well. I got the same denial last week (high risk denial) when I applied from over here (AFG), and was going to ask about an executive office number or email here. I guess I could try applying over the phone, but don't want to risk another HP/denial in such a short time. Was thinking of waiting until April or so (next myFICO report for me) but I will still be over here.

I would complain.  It's pretty retarded for them to automatically exclude those stationed outside CONUS.  Unless you launch an all out social media blitz, though, I don't think GE really cares.  But I'd still complain.

IME, when they decline as high risk source of application, they do not pull your credit.  You could give it thirty days or so and try again by phone or use a good VPN.  Better yet, mail in your app.

Message 7 of 12
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@McArthur wrote:

I would complain.  It's pretty retarded for them to automatically exclude those stationed outside CONUS.  Unless you launch an all out social media blitz, though, I don't think GE really cares.  But I'd still complain.

IME, when they decline as high risk source of application, they do not pull your credit.  You could give it thirty days or so and try again by phone or use a good VPN.  Better yet, mail in your app.

Yeah I will forgo the social media blitz - best thing I ever did was drop FB about 6 months ago. I will give it 30 days and think about applying again over the phone. I will go ahead and send them a nice email regarding that policy though.. maybe it will help someone else down the road.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 8 of 12
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

Yeah I will forgo the social media blitz - best thing I ever did was drop FB about 6 months ago. I will give it 30 days and think about applying again over the phone. I will go ahead and send them a nice email regarding that policy though.. maybe it will help someone else down the road.

Yes, definitely voice your concerns.  If being stationed overseas means you cannot get credit, we're fighting for the wrong side. 

Message 9 of 12
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Yeah its pretty frusterating you give them a US overseas address which matches perfectly with your records and they still deny you. Not cool already sent them a Email. Thanks for all the help

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.