Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Financing - Art Van

tag
tylerchester

GE Financing - Art Van

Hi all,

I'm new around these parts so I apologize if this is the wrong thread. Anyhow, I recently earned a credit score of approximately 690 after 6 months of having a credit line established. I applied to 13 different lenders trying to build my credit up and eventually went with Capital One's Secured Card program. I would like to buy furniture from Art Van and I know they use GE for store credit cards. I was declined about 2-3 months ago for an American Eagle credit card which is also GE because I didn't have a legitimate credit score then. I have absolutely no debt, I paid off a good amount and like I said, my credit score jumped up after 6 months. Do you think I'll have a problem getting financed? I don't want them to run my credit report quite yet because I'm considering buying a house, so I don't want to mess that up. Please let me know your thoughts, I greatly appreciate it!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: GE Financing - Art Van

@tylerchester wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new around these parts so I apologize if this is the wrong thread. Anyhow, I recently earned a credit score of approximately 690 after 6 months of having a credit line established. I applied to 13 different lenders trying to build my credit up and eventually went with Capital One's Secured Card program. I would like to buy furniture from Art Van and I know they use GE for store credit cards. I was declided about 2-3 months ago for an American Eagle credit card which is also GE because I didn't have a legitimate credit score then. I have absolutely no debt, I paid off a good amount and like I said, my credit score jumped up after 6 months. Do you think I'll have a problem getting financed? I don't want them to run my credit report quite yet because I'm considering buying a house, so I don't want to mess that up. Please let me know your thoughts, I greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum 

The score you gave us is it a fico TU? How many INQ's on TU?

And hopefully you know DO NOT apply for any credit until you close on a house ...just an FYI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 25
tylerchester

I have about 14 inquiries on TU since 2011 and 6 or 7 on Experian; I didn't check Equifax. I noticed not all lenders report to all 3 credit bureaus. I know some lenders only care about the last 6 months while others may consider all of them. Moreover, I have a 680 score on TU which was a 620 originally and Experian says I have a 720 now. I plan on applying right after I close. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@tylerchester wrote:

I have about 14 inquiries on TU since 2011 and 6 or 7 on Experian; I didn't check Equifax. I noticed not all lenders report to all 3 credit bureaus. I know some lenders only care about the last 6 months while others may consider all of them. Moreover, I have a 680 score on TU which was a 620 originally and Experian says I have a 720 now. I plan on applying right after I close. Smiley Happy

YMMV but you have a rather high number of INQ's on TU so it might be a little tough for approval...your score is good though so that's a plus that may help.

Are any of those INQ's on TU over a year old?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 25
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I would get your Fico score from here to get a better idea where your score is. My score here is usually 30-50 points lower than the FAKO scores from the EQ, TU & EX sites.
Message 5 of 25
tylerchester

5 of those inquires are over a year old actually. Now recently my student loan balance has popped up too for $2700, will this affect my financing or no? I know for others it doesn't matter because it's not really active until 6 months after graduation.

Message 6 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Are you sure they'll pull TU? Some of their furniture cc's are Ex. I know my Sony Card was. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 25
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

My Walmart was TU & Sams was EX so could be either one.
Message 8 of 25
Redissochi
New Contributor

I have Walmart, Sams Club, Amazon, Paypal, QVC, Care Credit, Car Care, Lenscrafters, Old Navy visa and i am pretty sure I am forgetting other GE cards I have. OH!!! I just recently got an HH Greg with a $3500 limit. However, when I applied for the Art Van card I was denied instantly. I swear GE can be real picky when it wants to. They can give me $20 k with care credit but wont give me a furniture card...LOL

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 25
tylerchester

What inquiries matter to lenders? Is it all of them or only some within a certain timeframe like 6 months or 1 year?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.