cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Frozen Reports and CLI and Unlock reports?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: GE Frozen Reports and CLI and Unlock reports?

@bichonmom wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

It could also be that GE is using their last pull. When I asked for a CLI, they gave me less and sent letter. The letter had date w/FICO that was a week BEFORE I asked for CLI. Others here have said that GE just pulls (soft) quarterly and uses that to determine CLIs, etc.

CRBs told me that a freeze will not stop CAs from doing a HP, even if there is NO CA on my CR. So, if a freeze doesn't stop CAs from doing a HP, I don't see how it can stop a CC from doing a SP. In fact, I don't recall anyone posting that they stop getting softed after they froze their reports.

That is what all employees are told and that is what we are always told and even the law states that a current creditor can always access your reports and HP if they want but in my experience over the years with frozen reports they get NOTHING, I have even been told after I state "I have frozen reports, you won't be able to pull them until I unlock" The rep has responded back that won't stop us from getting a report to 30 seconds later saying "I'm not able to pull, not sure why!?"

Hmm. I'm thinking that maybe I should freeze my CR. I have been softed by 3 CAs on one of my CR just in the last couple of months, and it's making me nervous.

I can't respond how I want to!  Take that however you like Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

It could also be that GE is using their last pull. When I asked for a CLI, they gave me less and sent letter. The letter had date w/FICO that was a week BEFORE I asked for CLI. Others here have said that GE just pulls (soft) quarterly and uses that to determine CLIs, etc.

CRBs told me that a freeze will not stop CAs from doing a HP, even if there is NO CA on my CR. So, if a freeze doesn't stop CAs from doing a HP, I don't see how it can stop a CC from doing a SP. In fact, I don't recall anyone posting that they stop getting softed after they froze their reports.

That is what all employees are told and that is what we are always told and even the law states that a current creditor can always access your reports and HP if they want but in my experience over the years with frozen reports they get NOTHING, I have even been told after I state "I have frozen reports, you won't be able to pull them until I unlock" The rep has responded back that won't stop us from getting a report to 30 seconds later saying "I'm not able to pull, not sure why!?"

Smiley Very Happy

"Told you so!!!"

Weren't you saying frozen will not stop but I'm saying yes it did and reps have said it won't stop them to then turn around and say they couldn't.

Somehow we are getting 2 different outcomes, I like yours better! I don't want to unlock!

Smiley Very Happy

I was saying told you so on the bolded statement as if you were telling the rep that after they couldnt pull your CR because it was frozen.

I'm on the assumption that GE pulls quarterly SP's frozen or not but will not pull any more unless you get denied and do a manual review which will mean unlocking the file for a SP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Hmm. I'm thinking that maybe I should freeze my CR. I have been softed by 3 CAs on one of my CR just in the last couple of months, and it's making me nervous.

Freezing AND opting out will stop JDB's from getting CB data that they are selling to the JDB's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

"Told you so!!!"

Weren't you saying frozen will not stop but I'm saying yes it did and reps have said it won't stop them to then turn around and say they couldn't.

Somehow we are getting 2 different outcomes, I like yours better! I don't want to unlock!

Smiley Very Happy

I was saying told you so on the bolded statement as if you were telling the rep that after they couldnt pull your CR because it was frozen.

I'm on the assumption that GE pulls quarterly SP's frozen or not but will not pull any more unless you get denied and do a manual review which will mean unlocking the file for a SP.

OH Okay! 

and I hope this 4 month thing is true... shoul be happening over next 30 days with my 5 new GE cards!! Ill update after that Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.