Did you mean: 

GE Furniture store CLI question...

tag
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

GE Furniture store CLI question...

Hey guys.

Question for you...

I have a 2K line of credit through GE from a local furniture store where I bought some furniture for my apartment as part of a 0% interest promo.

I'd like to improve my overall credit limit....

how would I go about getting a CLI from them?

If I told GE I am looking at buying a new bedroom set, and asked for an extra 2-3k or so....think they would do it?

Also, do you know if GE CLI for store cards are a SP or HP?

Thanks tons!

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Furniture store CLI question...

Ultimately, it depends on your credit file and your available income. I will say that GE is being a lot more gracious with CL's right now and from my personal experiences in the last few months....SP.  Please let us know how this works out for you! Don't be afraid to ask for more than you need to keep your utility low for a better score since it is a SP. If in doubt....ask the rep if it's a SP or HP.

Good luck!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Which GE Card? Most of their furniture cc's will be a hp for CLI
Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Which GE Card? Most of their furniture cc's will be a hp for CLI

+1

As with Care Credit, there are some partner brands that GE does not do SP.  So, as Lexie mentioned, more than likely it will be HP.

Message 4 of 5
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

I decided to give them a call. It's only possible with a HP.

Thanks for the help, all! Smiley Happy 

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.