Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Is awesome im convinceed

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

GE Is awesome im convinceed

Ok so as of the day before yesterday i applied for two GE cards Paypal MC and Walmart Discover... I was approved .... i refresh my Experian report today the TL already are reporting that was the fastest reporting i ever seen i havent even activated or gotten the cards yet this is  a start of a great business relationship... looking forward to asking them for CLi on the Paypal after i get the card so i can stop getting that below Low Limit cards statement on my report...do they do SP or HP for CLI and what are my chances of getting that other 500...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE Is awesome im convinceed

Walmart Discover is a GE card???

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 2 of 12
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

Walmart Discover is a GE card???

Yes. It uses the Discover network for processing, but GE is the bank that backs it.

And yes, OP, love those quick reports and big potential CLIs! Congrats!

Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE is really quick at reporting to TU! Congrats on your approvals.
Message 4 of 12
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.

I actually like GE Capital myself. They've been good to me.  I only have the Amazon Store card, and despite it has insanly high interest rates, its alsways got the 6-12-18 no interest promotions going.

I've seen many speak very badly of them, but personaly, I haven't had a single issue with payments, billing etc.  I even got a CLI after 4 months.

If they do like the do Amazon card, they should review and do auto increases every 4 months or so.

Message 5 of 12
Express
Frequent Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

Ok so as of the day before yesterday i applied for two GE cards Paypal MC and Walmart Discover... I was approved .... i refresh my Experian report today the TL already are reporting that was the fastest reporting i ever seen i havent even activated or gotten the cards yet this is  a start of a great business relationship... looking forward to asking them for CLi on the Paypal after i get the card so i can stop getting that below Low Limit cards statement on my report...do they do SP or HP for CLI and what are my chances of getting that other 500...

Congrats! And the CLI's are great! Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 6 of 12
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@Express wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:

Congrats! And the CLI's are great! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks im still shocked i still need to overcome my addition of being approved with GE i just opened an Old Navy with them today i actually searched all stores that i shop at to see if they had Credit Cards that are back by GE im done with my madness now though i have successfully found all there offers and i have nothing more i want now i need to Garden so the other CRB's can gain history and i can get my Freedom, Discover IT and Barclays card that i want those are my last 3 that i want... i figure 6 - 12 months ill be ready to apply for them .....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 7 of 12
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Yeah you want to be careful with GE, there have been many post about going on a spree with them and then shutting down the accounts

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 8 of 12
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@asphaltcowboy wrote:
Yeah you want to be careful with GE, there have been many post about going on a spree with them and then shutting down the accounts

so they will shut down the accounts or ur asking am i gonna shut the accounts down...

Current Cards

Message 9 of 12
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

so they will shut down the accounts or ur asking am i gonna shut the accounts down...

If you app for a bunch of GE cards in a short period of time, they have been known to close them all.  But with two, you are fine.  If you want to add more, do it slowly.  And, don't forget to call credit solutions every four months to ask for increases.  They are SP and usually pretty generous.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.