Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE/Lowes denial letter

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

GE/Lowes denial letter

Got letter this morning and it said my TU score was 595! I pulled Fico and it says 659!! Should I try back door on this??
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE/Lowes denial letter

Sorry don't know how to delete this since I already sent it.
Message 2 of 11
specsnow

You've already used the HP so it won't hurt to call in. It will help to have a copy of the report they pulled, to discuss anything they mention as being a factor. What did they say in the letter as their reason for the denial?

Message 3 of 11
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Tax Lien ( which is deleted now) and collections ( which are paid) no recent accounts ( they just approved me for lowes and Sams that are reporting now).
Message 4 of 11
specsnow

How recently were the Lowes and Sams opened? And how old are the collections, and how many total? The collections are obviously your biggest hurdle. Calling in and politely explaining that you fell on hard times and that they were taken care of as soon as you could may help. It all depends on how nice of a rep you get really.

Message 5 of 11
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Actually Walmart and Sams. Just a week ago but by GE who is denying me now. Collections are 3 and 2 years old bit less than a year since paid.
Message 6 of 11
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I don't need it so ill just let my accounts age a few and try again.
Message 7 of 11
specsnow

Laying low is never a bad idea, but since you already wasted the HP anyway, you should consider calling in and at least trying a recon. You really have nothing to lose.

Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE does not recon denials. They will tell you to re-apply. It's always a good idea to wait until your cr s have updated before applying so not to waste a HP
Message 9 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Plus I think they use a proprietary score which wouldn't match your FICO.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.