Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

GE Luv

Hi All,

 

I lurk more than post, but just thought I’d give an update about my GE cards.  Back in January I hit the love button on my Walmart card (first time ever) and my credit line was increased from $600 to $1200.  I was emboldened by this and the fact that GE does soft pulls (right now I’m gardening for all of 2012 while I decrease my horrific utilization and let tons of inquiries age off), so I called in and used the automated system for credit line increases on my PayPal SC my Amazon cards.  I was declined for both, and got letters just last week explaining why they were denied (something weird like lack of experience using current limits??? – don’t remember exactly and have already shredded the letters). 

 

Anyway, I logged on today to pay this month’s statements, and my Amazon credit line had been increased from $1100 to $1900.  Pleasantly surprised, so off I went to pay my PayPal account – and yes, the same thing had happened; went from $800 to $1700. :smileysurprised:

 

Lovin’ GE, as my only problem right now is high utilization; adding another $1700 to my available credit will only help with this. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,093
Registered: ‎02-15-2012
0

Re: GE Luv

Nice! :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: 748 TU(12/12), 783 TU98 , 813 TU08 FICO, 744 EQ FICO , 735 EX(9/12), 794 EX08 FICO, 809 EX08 bankcard FICO
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (20.7K), BofA Travel Rewards ($17.5), B&N World MC ($17.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (15K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig ($8.6K), Disc It ($8K), Citi Dia Pref MC ($3.7K),Sam's D ($8.5K), Wally D ($7.5K), JCP($5.3K)
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,322
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: GE Luv

Congrats! It seems like GE has changed the way they do CLIs. A lot of people aren't getting CLIs when the hit the luv button, but later see auto-CLIs. Many people have been posting that here. 

 

I got a WM in Nov w/only $300 CL and hit the luv button several times (when it was still working) and got the same response as you, "not enough time at current limit." Then got an auto-CLI a month or so ago to $1k.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: GE Luv


TNTransplant wrote:

Hi All,

 

I lurk more than post, but just thought I’d give an update about my GE cards.  Back in January I hit the love button on my Walmart card (first time ever) and my credit line was increased from $600 to $1200.  I was emboldened by this and the fact that GE does soft pulls (right now I’m gardening for all of 2012 while I decrease my horrific utilization and let tons of inquiries age off), so I called in and used the automated system for credit line increases on my PayPal SC my Amazon cards.  I was declined for both, and got letters just last week explaining why they were denied (something weird like lack of experience using current limits??? – don’t remember exactly and have already shredded the letters). 

 

Anyway, I logged on today to pay this month’s statements, and my Amazon credit line had been increased from $1100 to $1900.  Pleasantly surprised, so off I went to pay my PayPal account – and yes, the same thing had happened; went from $800 to $1700. :smileysurprised:

 

Lovin’ GE, as my only problem right now is high utilization; adding another $1700 to my available credit will only help with this. :smileyhappy:


Congrats!!!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 872
Registered: ‎10-16-2010
0

Re: GE Luv


bichonmom wrote:

Congrats! It seems like GE has changed the way they do CLIs. A lot of people aren't getting CLIs when the hit the luv button, but later see auto-CLIs. Many people have been posting that here. 

 

I got a WM in Nov w/only $300 CL and hit the luv button several times (when it was still working) and got the same response as you, "not enough time at current limit." Then got an auto-CLI a month or so ago to $1k.


I think that's how GE operates. I've even called in to complain about a lack of CLI and later received an auto CLI. Last month I tried for a CLI on my ON card and got denied (hadn't quite been 4 months) but I will probably get an auto CLI within the next few months. 


Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: GE Luv


frogfan12 wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

Congrats! It seems like GE has changed the way they do CLIs. A lot of people aren't getting CLIs when the hit the luv button, but later see auto-CLIs. Many people have been posting that here. 

 

I got a WM in Nov w/only $300 CL and hit the luv button several times (when it was still working) and got the same response as you, "not enough time at current limit." Then got an auto-CLI a month or so ago to $1k.


I think that's how GE operates. I've even called in to complain about a lack of CLI and later received an auto CLI. Last month I tried for a CLI on my ON card and got denied (hadn't quite been 4 months) but I will probably get an auto CLI within the next few months. 


I'm hoping soon myself i;ll start getting auto's, I think I underbid myself when I have to tell them what I want :smileyvery-happy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 872
Registered: ‎10-16-2010
0

Re: GE Luv

The autos will come as your scores increase and your history with them grows. I didn't get any CLIs with them for a while. I started out at $300 and stayed below $1K for a good 4.5 or so years. But I also didn't have the income to justify a higher limit. 


Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Regular Contributor
Posts: 181
Registered: ‎07-09-2011
0

Re: GE Luv

GE must be in an auto CLI mood. I was still debating asking for an increase at the 4 month mark even though it isn't time yet. It has only been 3 months on my Amazon card and when I logged in to check a purchase was completely shocked to see the limit go from $900 to $1600.

 

GECRB was the first company to give me credit in 2 years. I got an Amazon and JC Penney card back in late November. My Amazon card is now almost as high as the 2 MC/Visa cards I have had for almost 10 years. Thanks to this board for recommending GECRB as cards that grow with you because I don't think I ever would have applied for them on my own.

Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎09-14-2010
0

Re: GE Luv

CONGRATS!!! i logged in this month and my 1500.00 limit had been increased to 3000.00. i was really surprised. the last increase i got from the love button took me from 1400.00 to 1500.00 big increase hunh. i don't ask for one and it gets doubled. how about that.


Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: GE Luv

Thanks, everyone.  Sounds like GE has been in a generous mood lately... :smileyhappy:

 

 


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.