Reply
Regular Contributor
Marcos8
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎05-31-2013
0

GE Luxury card

Hello all! I have a card called GE Luxury that I obtained a while back when I was getting engaged. The jeweler used them for financing. I opened it up and used only about 1k on it ( it had a good 0% promo). The card is issed with the name of the jewerly store on it. I have contacted GE multiple times to ask if this card can be used anywhere GE Luxury is taken or if it can be used only at that specific store...and I get a different answer everytime.

 

Does anyone know anything about this card? I've considered closing it since it is such a nitch card but just haven't gotten around to it.  Thanks

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,291
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: GE Luxury card


Marcos8 wrote:

Hello all! I have a card called GE Luxury that I obtained a while back when I was getting engaged. The jeweler used them for financing. I opened it up and used only about 1k on it ( it had a good 0% promo). The card is issed with the name of the jewerly store on it. I have contacted GE multiple times to ask if this card can be used anywhere GE Luxury is taken or if it can be used only at that specific store...and I get a different answer everytime.

 

Does anyone know anything about this card? I've considered closing it since it is such a nitch card but just haven't gotten around to it.  Thanks


GE normally has store cards none of which can be used anywhere else except the Discover version .....Walmart. Sams, just a couple of the top of my head 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Established Contributor
Fico2Go
Posts: 714
Registered: ‎12-05-2013
0

Re: GE Luxury card

GE has a VISA/OLD NAVY  card which can be used at old navy or anywhere VISA is accepted.   This is the only GE visa product I know of that allows this.  I am not familar with any GE Luxury product. 

 

 

 

 

Discover IT $10,000 == 12/2013
AMEX PRG NPSL == 12/2013 ---> BCP $11,000 === 12/2013 ----->BC $6000 ====04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Regular Contributor
Marcos8
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎05-31-2013
0

Re: GE Luxury card

I'm also wondering if this may be the Consumer Finance Account that I've been told I have but have no idea which one of my accounts it is.

Established Member
Feather_Hat
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎12-12-2013
0

Re: GE Luxury card

Is GE like jewelry store? or credit card company?

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,343
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: GE Luxury card

Can't say I've ever heard of this specific GECAP product.  But I believe it can only be used at that specific store or location, not the others (unless they're affiliated).  You can always check with the other jewelry retailers to see if they accept that card.  IIRC, the other "jewelry" type of stores that they also service are Diamonds on Web, Tappers and Tivol.

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,343
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: GE Luxury card


Feather_Hat wrote:

Is GE like jewelry store? or credit card company?


GE is the parent company for GECAP/GECRB, both are retail bank divisions that underwrite multiple private label products, such as the Amazon store card, Banana Republic, WalMart, eBay MC, PayPal Extras MC, Lowes, QVC, and the list goes on.

Regular Contributor
Marcos8
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎05-31-2013
0

Re: GE Luxury card


FinStar wrote:

Can't say I've ever heard of this specific GECAP product.  But I believe it can only be used at that specific store or location, not the others (unless they're affiliated).  You can always check with the other jewelry retailers to see if they accept that card.  IIRC, the other "jewelry" type of stores that they also service are Diamonds on Web, Tappers and Tivol.


I have called other local jewerly stores in my area who also offer their financing through GE Luxury ( GE Capital Retail Bank) and the best they can tell me is that I should come in and try to buy something with it to see if it works with them as they are not sure.

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,343
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: GE Luxury card


Marcos8 wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Can't say I've ever heard of this specific GECAP product.  But I believe it can only be used at that specific store or location, not the others (unless they're affiliated).  You can always check with the other jewelry retailers to see if they accept that card.  IIRC, the other "jewelry" type of stores that they also service are Diamonds on Web, Tappers and Tivol.


I have called other local jewerly stores in my area who also offer their financing through GE Luxury ( GE Capital Retail Bank) and the best they can tell me is that I should come in and try to buy something with it to see if it works with them as they are not sure.


Now, THAT is interesting.  You would think the stores would know about their payment acceptance or at least say "oh yes, we've taken that form of payment before..."

Established Member
Feather_Hat
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎12-12-2013
0

Re: GE Luxury card

[ Edited ]

FinStar wrote:

Feather_Hat wrote:

Is GE like jewelry store? or credit card company?


GE is the parent company for GECAP/GECRB, both are retail bank divisions that underwrite multiple private label products, such as the Amazon store card, Banana Republic, WalMart, eBay MC, PayPal Extras MC, Lowes, QVC, and the list goes on.


thanks ! still newbie and need to learn some stuff XD


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+