Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Luxury card

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

GE Luxury card

Hello all! I have a card called GE Luxury that I obtained a while back when I was getting engaged. The jeweler used them for financing. I opened it up and used only about 1k on it ( it had a good 0% promo). The card is issed with the name of the jewerly store on it. I have contacted GE multiple times to ask if this card can be used anywhere GE Luxury is taken or if it can be used only at that specific store...and I get a different answer everytime.

Does anyone know anything about this card? I've considered closing it since it is such a nitch card but just haven't gotten around to it.  Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: GE Luxury card

@Marcos8 wrote:

Hello all! I have a card called GE Luxury that I obtained a while back when I was getting engaged. The jeweler used them for financing. I opened it up and used only about 1k on it ( it had a good 0% promo). The card is issed with the name of the jewerly store on it. I have contacted GE multiple times to ask if this card can be used anywhere GE Luxury is taken or if it can be used only at that specific store...and I get a different answer everytime.

Does anyone know anything about this card? I've considered closing it since it is such a nitch card but just haven't gotten around to it.  Thanks

GE normally has store cards none of which can be used anywhere else except the Discover version .....Walmart. Sams, just a couple of the top of my head 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

GE has a VISA/OLD NAVY  card which can be used at old navy or anywhere VISA is accepted.   This is the only GE visa product I know of that allows this.  I am not familar with any GE Luxury product. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 3 of 10
Marcos8
Established Contributor

I'm also wondering if this may be the Consumer Finance Account that I've been told I have but have no idea which one of my accounts it is.

Message 4 of 10
Feather_Hat
Established Member

Is GE like jewelry store? or credit card company?

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Can't say I've ever heard of this specific GECAP product.  But I believe it can only be used at that specific store or location, not the others (unless they're affiliated).  You can always check with the other jewelry retailers to see if they accept that card.  IIRC, the other "jewelry" type of stores that they also service are Diamonds on Web, Tappers and Tivol.

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Feather_Hat wrote:

GE is the parent company for GECAP/GECRB, both are retail bank divisions that underwrite multiple private label products, such as the Amazon store card, Banana Republic, WalMart, eBay MC, PayPal Extras MC, Lowes, QVC, and the list goes on.

Message 7 of 10
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Can't say I've ever heard of this specific GECAP product.  But I believe it can only be used at that specific store or location, not the others (unless they're affiliated).  You can always check with the other jewelry retailers to see if they accept that card.  IIRC, the other "jewelry" type of stores that they also service are Diamonds on Web, Tappers and Tivol.

I have called other local jewerly stores in my area who also offer their financing through GE Luxury ( GE Capital Retail Bank) and the best they can tell me is that I should come in and try to buy something with it to see if it works with them as they are not sure.

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Marcos8 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I have called other local jewerly stores in my area who also offer their financing through GE Luxury ( GE Capital Retail Bank) and the best they can tell me is that I should come in and try to buy something with it to see if it works with them as they are not sure.

Now, THAT is interesting.  You would think the stores would know about their payment acceptance or at least say "oh yes, we've taken that form of payment before..."

Message 9 of 10
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@FinStar wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

GE is the parent company for GECAP/GECRB, both are retail bank divisions that underwrite multiple private label products, such as the Amazon store card, Banana Republic, WalMart, eBay MC, PayPal Extras MC, Lowes, QVC, and the list goes on.

thanks ! still newbie and need to learn some stuff XD

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.