Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE MONEY BANK / MIDLAND HELP!!!

tag
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

GE MONEY BANK / MIDLAND HELP!!!

I had a charge off with GE CAPITAL about 3 or 4 years ago that was bought out by Midland.  I was looking over my 3 credit reports today and noticed that the GE CAPITAL tradeline has disappeared off of all 3 and now its just Midland thats remaining.  Funny thing is...a couple of weeks ago I recieved a pre qualified Walmart card offer  from GE capital.  My questions are : does that mean my collection has been purged off my credit report AND with GE capital directly? And should I try to dispute the MIDLAND reporting on my credit on the basis GE Capital MAY NOT have any record of it???  Help!!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: GE MONEY BANK / MIDLAND HELP!!!

@jsnlwrnc wrote:

I had a charge off with GE CAPITAL about 3 or 4 years ago that was bought out by Midland.  I was looking over my 3 credit reports today and noticed that the GE CAPITAL tradeline has disappeared off of all 3 and now its just Midland thats remaining.  Funny thing is...a couple of weeks ago I recieved a pre qualified Walmart card offer  from GE capital.  My questions are : does that mean my collection has been purged off my credit report AND with GE capital directly? And should I try to dispute the MIDLAND reporting on my credit on the basis GE Capital MAY NOT have any record of it???  Help!!! 

Hi,

For best answers to your question post this in the rebuilding forum you will get even more answers there from people who have dealt with both companies

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

Re: GE MONEY BANK / MIDLAND HELP!!!

Will do! Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.