Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money Bank Showing Love

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE Money Bank Showing Love

As I checked  my accounts this morning I noticed that GE Money Bank has increased my credit on two credit cards.

American Eagle, initial credit was 200.00 went up to 800.00

Wal Mart, initial credit was 400.00 went up to 800.00

I also applied last week for an Old Navy credit card, I was approved for the Visa with a credit limit of 2,200.00

Will I see a increase in my score with the increases?

EQ 712 as of 6/9/10

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: GE Money Bank Showing Love

Nice GE increases!  Does Old Navy have a visa? Congrats!  I've never got more than 225-250 on my GEMB amazon store card.

Since you have a few already, consider avoiding app for more store cards,1 or 2 is plenty.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

not for a cli.   you might slight drop for new card.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard horror stories awhile back when i first started school I was going to apply for the Walmart/DC just because i wanted a Discover even if it wasnt a CLASSIC one, but my BF told me not to. IDK anyone heard they are bad?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a Walmart store card for 2-3 months ($150 CL) . Just logged on today to find my new CL: $1,100.

Only thing I did was 30+ inqs on all CB's, all 5 of my accounts are new accounts opened within the last 7 months, and carried $1 balance each month. Weird Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Lowe's card with only $500.00 limit.  Got it in March.  I pay the balance every month but I really need more money to buy hardwood floors and a refrigerator.  Should I ask for an increase now or wait until they give it to me.  Do they usually give an increase after four months?   I didn't use it the first month so this is my third time paying it.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Lowe's card with only $500.00 limit.  Got it in March.  I pay the balance every month but I really need more money to buy hardwood floors and a refrigerator.  Should I ask for an increase now or wait until they give it to me.  Do they usually give an increase after four months?   I didn't use it the first month so this is my third time paying it.

I got an increase from $400 to $1150 after four months by clicking on the LUV button.   I would try that and see what happens.

Message 7 of 9
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an increase from $400 to $1150 after four months by clicking on the LUV button.   I would try that and see what happens.

Absolutely. Hit the luv button. It won't hurt. Always a soft pull. I went from 2K to 4K to 5K to 10K in about 18 months. Never a hard pull. Now they ask for your income where as before they didn't. So maybe now it will be a hard? I dont't know.

Message 8 of 9
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I just now clicked on my Sams Club Discover for 'shiggles' and I went from 5400 to 6400! This is 6 months after the last CLI.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.