Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GE Money Bank, subprime lender??

True on all accounts

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

YUP! mjbfan79!! I am not kissing there butt for no Wal-Mart  card, I didn't even aruge with them, it probley wouldn't even be worth the limit they would even give me if i did aruge with them!!!!It's not that serious too me , I just wanted a retail store card, in my mix of credit cause I don't have one all mine are major banks..I just was approved for a Macy's card limit 600 dollars. I have heard so-so things on them, mainly will use macys to purchase my MAC make-up.

Message 22 of 34
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

I was approved 12/09 for both the Walmart store card ($600) and the Amazon store card ($500), both serviced by GEMB with a BK7 discharged 4/08 and FICO's in the 660's.

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

YUP! mjbfan79!! I am not kissing there butt for no Wal-Mart  card, I didn't even aruge with them, it probley wouldn't even be worth the limit they would even give me if i did aruge with them!!!!It's not that serious too me , I just wanted a retail store card, in my mix of credit cause I don't have one all mine are major banks..I just was approved for a Macy's card limit 600 dollars. I have heard so-so things on them, mainly will use macys to purchase my MAC make-up.

I was approved for Macy's with $600 as well! Macy's/Department Stores National Bank has been great to me so far. Their customer service team is excellent, I only had to call in to get the name on my card changed. I am known by my middle name and would like my credit cards to reflect that preference as well, so they were able to put the name on my card as my First initial and then Middle and Last name. Bloomingdale's cards are also issued by Department Stores Nat'l Bank. I think you should apply for the Bloomie's card, you'll most likely get approval. I did with a 648 FICO and got $1,000 CL!

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

screw GE Money Bank, got denied for a wal-mart and amazon card! just because i had a BK in the past!

I doubt it.  I think your FICOs have more to do with it than the BK.  I have a GEMB Amazon card with a prior BK7, no problem.
They do not charge an annual fee for my card, they don't require me to pay a fee for online payments, they offer a comparable interest rate to most store cards... They do customer initiated CLIs without requiring a hard inquiry... What is sub-prime?

WRONG. 

heres what it says:

BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDING, CREDIT COUNSELING OR CREDITOR SETTLEMENT 

-please dont come to conclusion if you don't know the situation! thank you.

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it does give you a general idea of what your FICO score would be. I mean, you're not gonna have a 750 Experian score and a 500 FICO score. It's a general range. But I like unlimited access to my credit report, as well as inquiry alerts.

Not exactly accurate. FICO and FAKO scores can vary by 100 points or more. One can go up due to a certain event that will simultaneously drop the other. They are calculated using totally different algorithms. Also a word to the wise. Do not follow the advice given on these sights. They are based on the FAKO score calculations and following the advice can actually harm your FICO score.

I agree however that the ability to pull frequent reports and follow your credit closely is a definite advantage.

CB

Message 26 of 34
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

screw GE Money Bank, got denied for a wal-mart and amazon card! just because i had a BK in the past!

I doubt it.  I think your FICOs have more to do with it than the BK.  I have a GEMB Amazon card with a prior BK7, no problem.
They do not charge an annual fee for my card, they don't require me to pay a fee for online payments, they offer a comparable interest rate to most store cards... They do customer initiated CLIs without requiring a hard inquiry... What is sub-prime?

WRONG. 

heres what it says:

Interesting. The BK appears to be current and not discharged. That is the key here. I don't know of many creditors that would grant credit on an active BK. Discharges, yes. Huge difference. If the BK IS wrong and is actually reading a wrong status (other than what the creditor has stated in their reasoning for denial) then that needs to be disputed and updated to the proper status.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WRONG. 

heres what it says:

Interesting. The BK appears to be current and not discharged. That is the key here. I don't know of many creditors that would grant credit on an active BK. Discharges, yes. Huge difference. If the BK IS wrong and is actually reading a wrong status (other than what the creditor has stated in their reasoning for denial) then that needs to be disputed and updated to the proper status.  

DISCHARGED OF AUG. 2009 . 

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GE Money Bank, subprime lender?

WOW!!!  ocboy949 you were RIGHT!!! I took your word for it and applied and was Approved!!!!!!! not much tho 300 bucks, lowest limit yet, but thats okay mine well take it

since it was a hard hit..KUDOS TOO YOU!!!

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE! !! ACUTALLY  ocboy949 I got a email too call them to verfiy well i called answer a few questions and the gave me a  1,000 CL!!!!!!

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.