Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money CC

tag
missambitious
Established Member

Re: GE Money CC

@learnin113 wrote:

1. There should be no need to repeat this on this site...but NEVER app for anything that you are not quite sure what the terms/rewards are. It seems kinda silly to lookup the benefits of the card AFTER apping for it. 2. Yes it's a store card, but as another poster said it will help a lot with your UTI if the limit is as high as you say. 3. I just gotta warn ya...and you seem on top of it...BUT make sure you pay off that card before the promo ends...it may be 0.00 APR now, but it could easily jump to something outrageous as 29.99% when that promo ends.  Good luck.

I had just figured the card was v/mc but after the inq had already been done, it occurred to me that was not the case :/ 

The agreement is that if I do not pay off in full by or before the 18 mos OR if I am late even by one day, I will be billed for 18 mos worth of interest even if I am only a month or so into the contract. I am hoping that by paying off early and hiding it away or shredding it, I can gain extra score points Smiley Very Happy ya never know Smiley Wink

123 BOA Cash Rewards 2K, Macy's Store, GE Capital (local furniture) 4K & counting

Long Term Goals:
Amex BCP, Discover, CSP
FICO score 750+ Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 12
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: GE Money CC

@webhopper wrote:
Sock drawer cards might be open for yrs with no use without being cancelled by the issuer for inactivity. Perfect example: I opened a jcpenney account in 2003, shredded the card when it came in, and never touched the account again. I called GECRB, answered a few questions, they reopened my account with a SP, showing as open since 2003 with perfect history. This was in 2012. I used it recently twice and PIF the charges in the same week, they increased my CL to 1100 after having it at 600 from 2003 to 2012

Smiley Surprised I didn't think GE would do that! I too have a JCP card but from 2007 and was closed by them from being inactive for two whole years! Did you call the backdoor number? I'd love to get it reopenfor UTIL purposes Smiley Happy what exactly did you say to them?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.